• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to the dump this morning, lot of old stuff I'm clearing out. How exciting does life get!

Been checking out an old CCTV with DVR, seems ok, maybe post on Freecycle. No sexy lady neighbours to spy on, so no use for it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon all, London calling

Cloudy, currently 15 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon.

Was rebooked from BA onto AA and slept as best I could for most of the flight. On arrival the jetty wasn't working so the whole 777 had to disembark via steps from the rear of the aircraft.

The upside of flying AA was getting to try their arrivals lounge in T3. Very nice showers. Now in T5 Concorde Room waiting for my flight to Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all, London calling
        Welcome home!

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Now in T5 Concorde Room waiting for my flight to Dublin.

Comment

I needed a few bits and bobs of shopping to tide me over; mainly things that Sainsbury's Local wouldn't have, but not enough to justify a trip to Big Sainsbury's. So I popped down to Not-So-Big Sainsbury's instead, once the rush of commuters fleeing from work to the suburb in which it resides was over

Lunch, by the way, was a bacon bap (wholemeal)

Comment

Tea has been sweet and sour pork with fried rice

These were homemade, so I'm not going to claim they were very good. But they were tasty, and filling, and even nutritious to a certain extent

The main goal was to use up the leftovers of the pork joint I roasted the other night, as there's already an absolute shedload of sliced pork for butties in the freezer, and I need to get through it all before putting yet more in there. Also, it made a nice change.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was an episode of the Gloucestershire police thing

Managed a tiny bit of mucking about with the SceneKit stuff too, but I was feeling too tired to bother

Friday tomorrow! About time too!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, rainy grey day out. A bit windy too, judging by the fact that I opened the bedroom window wide to get a breath of fresh air and immediately had rain blown in my face. Relatively warm though: 11°C already, and heading for a spell at 17° this afternoon. The barometers are very slightly down at 985/993mB

Comment

Morning all
                  Slept in, which was nice.
                  Short walk, so barely over 5,000 steps so far.

TFIF, etc.

New oil tank coming today!

And yesterday I mentioned that after poo picking the garden I had spotted a snuffle mark and scat that looked like it was from a badger, I was strongly advised (without looking) that I was wrong and that there was no way we had a badger around here.
                  Reviewing last night's camera footage, I've been informed that we have a badger, along with the 2 hedgehogs (which means we probably won't have 2 hedgehogs for much longer)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Fortunately the badger that appeared once on the cctv buggered off & never came back.

Dark.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14.7 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

995.5 mBar, 29.397 in Hg, 746.686 Torr, 14.438 psi, (down from 997 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of September 2019 NF had a nice lie in, whereas I made great efforts to avoid any contact whatsoever with the Neath Fair, more preparations were made for The Lawn Extension, and the house was vacced, plus "A Town Like Alice" was appearing later on the idiot lantern.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, but at least it was dry.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: NZ Motorway Patrol. Feck me, the speed merchant needs to fall down some steps.

Oz customs thing. One I'd watched before.

Veronica Mars S1 E4 "the Wrath of Con". Thought this one was a bit meh. Apparently this one is the lead's fave.

Tea: Brains faggots with peas & such. Made a change.

The Mentalist S2 E7 "Red Bulls" The kidnap one. Why $3.75M? A very specific sum of money.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86% (86.09%).

Curse of the Ancients on Blaze with that Alice Roberts.

Ancient Murders Unearthed: some murdered Pict or other found in a sea cave in that Scotland.

Ancient Murders Unearther: Otzi the iceman.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2024, 21:11.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all, Dublin calling

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Rain forecast this evening.

Finally arrived at my hotel around 8pm last night. HWMBO will be arriving (assuming Storm Kathleen doesn't mess things up) late this evening. Meeting a friend some time this afternoon for a long overdue catch up, and I have been informed there will be drinking.

Still have remnants of the cough, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X