• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The cough is being a PITA (where A = abdomen) this evening.

It seems that sitting in a chair all day doesn't hurt the abs but lying down does. And if I sit up in bed to cough, they still hurt.

Sounds like you can't win

Comment

No further telly tonight, but I've almost finished reading Inside Hitler's Bunker in which the man and his doxy are dead and their bodies burned outside the bunker, the Russians are refusing any terms other than total surrender, and Frau Goebbels is about to poison her children

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy with gaps here and there out. Seems as if it's slightly breezy too, and it will supposedly become more so for a bit this morning before settling down again. Mild again at 11°C and likely to reach 15°, while the barometers are down a touch at 1000/1007mB

Comment

Morning all
          Murky out - drizzle/fog/damp.
          Also slept in, which kiboshed my plans for a big walk.
          9.47km, just over 11,000 steps.
          I've worked out that my (fake) cadence is about 10 min per km + 5 min. The extra 5 min is faff time, picking up Max's project plans, etc etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Misty.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14.7 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, 757.18 Torr, 14.64 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of September 2019 NF had survived his trip to the pub, had met his photographer friend, and discovered how expensive Hasselblad cameras are.

Goodness me there's someone in next door.

I wonder if it's burglars come to steal the copper pipes & such like.

Much hammering, drilling, sawing & planing going on for the first time in months.

Must be spring in the air or sommat.

I'm going for a walk.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and wan sunshine. Looking black over Drummau.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: NZ customs thing from 2002: snot gobbling stuck up Indian (not the Geronimo version) cricketer who is much much much too posh to clean his own kit, probably has a Dalit to do it for him, and pay his fine for bringing the kit in dirty. Obnoxious ****. I disliked it so much I preferred putting a voucher on my batphones instead of watching it.

Chinese woman with "food" concealed in a pressure cooker: threw a poody & received a $200 fine.

Canadian Customs thing. A jacket with concealed pockets: out come tubes, rather than dynamite said tubes contained little birds. Prosecution ongoing. Couple of septics on the way to Alaska with a 9mm & a substantial revolver: either surrender them for destruction or return to septicland: they returned, much as I would have. On the other hand you can have as many shotguns & rifles on board as you like so long as they're declared & the paperwork is filled out. Chap in transit from the ME caught out for concealed dairy & meat: $1300 fine.

Oz customs thing. Don't make jokes in customs. Chinese bags full of food again.

Dismantling a leaky dehumidifier: take out all the screws & it still wouldn't come to bits: concealed plastic catches. I think the little hole the water wends its way though into the tank was blocked by crap/algae/bits of spider/mouse/whatever. The bottle brush may have provided a cure. Only time will tell.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

UFO Hunters: more bollox on Blaze. I wonder how much of this one I'll manage to tolerate.

Scotland Yard "Passenger to Tokyo (1954)". Innesting to learn that it's 3,600 miles from London to Tokyo. Body in a trunk on a steamer from London to Yokohama. Surely it would have been stinking by the time it arrived?

The Mentalist S1 E17 "Carnelian". The Private Equity scumbaggery one.

From World War to Cold War Part II. Nuke goodness.

Maigret. Hope it's better than last week's effort. Odd how the 40 year older BBC effort from 1962 was so much better with Anthony Stewart Head's mum playing Mrs Maigret.

Maigret goes to school (2002). Slightly different to the BBC version which managed to cover the same ground in half the time but quite good in its way.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 March 2024, 22:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: sardine (tomato sauce) toasties

That's the last toasties out of that sandwich maker, sadly. Last time I used it, I forgot to put the plates in it before turning it on, a fact to which I was alerted a few minutes later by the delightful aroma of burning insulation as it overheated. I quickly whacked the plates in and it worked OK, as it did this time; but again, burning insulation smells came along with the functionality

It's probably over fifteen years old (can't quite remember when I got it) and the catch on the handle has been slightly broken for a few years, so I think it's time to retire it and get a new one before it catches fire when all I want is lunch

It was a good one though

Comment

Tea has been leftover Nando's - chicken, chips, garlic bread

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops which included some proper investigative work - visiting places to track down CCTV and all that. Made a change from the usual "That's going a bit fast" stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tea has been leftover Nando's - chicken, chips, garlic bread

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops which included some proper investigative work - visiting places to track down CCTV and all that. Made a change from the usual "That's going a bit fast" stuff
                  I quick liked using the frame rate of the camera to identify that the cars were doing 90ish in a 30 zone
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I quick liked using the frame rate of the camera to identify that the cars were doing 90ish in a 30 zone
                    Yes, that was a nice touch

Comment

No further viewing this evening; instead, I finished reading Inside Hitler's Bunker.

And then a start on Montaillou which gives a detailed look at life in a tiny village in the Pyrenees in the early fourteenth century, drawn from the extremely detailed records of an Inquisition into the Cathars who were still promulgating their heresy in the area at the time

Early night now as I'm feeling rather tired

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X