• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much rain this afternoon and early evening. Seems to have taken a pause for a while.

The schedule for Ambulance looks like it's maybe fortnightly? None this week but there is one next week.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Napoleon (2023) which is based on a true story but, according to historians with knowledge of the subject, not very much. The director, in response to their criticism, asked "How do you know? You weren't there" which is the kind of riposte that seems quite devastating to a nine-year-old but, of course, applies to Mr. Scott (for it is he) as well. Anyway, tonight was the night it was released to subscribers of Apple TV, so I didn't have to pay any extra for it. I think I agree with the person on Twitter who said something like it was too much of a biopic to appeal to people who just wanted to watch a film, yet too historically inaccurate to appeal to the kind of people who'd enjoy watching a three-hour biopic of Napoleon

And then more of S2 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Comment

So, to summarise, it's a Ridley wrapped in a load of bollox.

Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 10.9 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

988.5 mBar, 29.19 in Hg, 741.436 Torr, 14.337 psi, (up from 987 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of September 2019 there was mention of Signal Toothpaste & the use of hexachlorophene in the stripes, brain damage & other joys, home made soup for NF whilst he has Fun with Maps, and a nice bonfire with some of the crap down the garden.

Wheeler Dealers S7 ep about the Cosworth was "on" but I didn't pay it much attention. MOT ran out in 2019.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Nice enough out there though the wind's a bit bracing.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The News Quiz.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86% (86.07%).

Put up bird feeder and a fatball feeder, then discovered I have no fatballs, Wilko having gone bust. Filled the feeder with seeds, said seeds appearing to be where some of the maggots are coming from.

Changed the PIR sensor above the garage door: the old one was indeed full of rusty water. IP44 isn't exactly up to much.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Entertainment: Political thinking with Nick Robinson and Nigel Fara<click>

Dixon of Dock Green S9 E17 "A Green Wedding (1963)": Irish wedding from both sides of "the divide": these hour long eps are too padded out for my taste, the 30 min ones were better.

Maigret S4 E8 "The log of the cap fagnet (1963)"

Edgar Wallace Theatre "Clue of the New Pin (1960)".

Some bollox on Blaze. UAP of the 3rd kind. Ghosts. Guardian angel.

Euro customs: Italy, Spain, Germany. Coke smugglers with it hidden in assorted orifi. Unfortunate dog with no pet passport: Oh Dear, poor old dog. Eel smuggling without the hovercraft. Can't say this prog is particularly inneresting.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2024, 23:53.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Rain. More rain. Some heavy, some less so. Due to continue until after lunch time. Currently 5 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Barometer up a tiny bit to 994 mBar.

No plans for the day. Popping out this evening to meet with some bonkers travel people.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy again today, but with brief sunny spells from time to time. Looks like there may have been a shower or two as well. Currently 6°C but not going past 7°, and the barometers are essentially the same, being up by 1mB to 977/985mB

Comment

Lunch: leftover chips from the other night, reheated in the air fryer to crisp them up a bit

Comment

In all my years, there was one thing I had never done: had a Nando's, whether "cheeky" or otherwise. So in the spirit of discovery, I had one delivered for tea. Quite nice, all in all, so I may do that again some time

Comment

Quite nice day by my carpy standards. Art exhibition this morning by some loonies I know, inc. a local burlesque artist. Growly she is. Then quite sunny walk and latte in little cafe, chat with some nice bloke.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As usual, today was a day of many wildlife programmes, including Monkey Life. And there was a new one, about one of those places in Borneo where they train orphaned orangutans in how to be an orangutan so they can go back to the wild

And later, I read H. G. Wells' A Story of the Stone Age

Early night now, as tomorrow I'm heading south again to get the stuff from my parents' place that I couldn't fit in the car last week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all CBS, with a hard frost on the ground. Not what you want when plants are budding, but hey-ho.
                      Was pruning apple trees yesterday - a bit late in the year for it, but the ground has been too wet and the weather to foul to have done it sooner. Also helped tidy the summerhouse, most notably re-wiring a bird box cam to make the cabling neater.

I suspect once the frost clears and I’ve walked MMtSH, then I’ll be out doing more pruning.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X