• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got around to popping round to the chemist for the monthly issue of pharmaceuticals, which I've been either putting off or plain forgetting to do all week

And as I was already at the shops, I carried on to the kebab shop. So tea has been kebab and chips, a bit earlier than usual

Comment

Today's Monkey Life was the end of S14, but the good news is that S15 starts next week!

And there was assorted other wildlife stuff on.

Later, I did a minor bit of mucking around with SwiftUI. And I read a load of On The Run, a study of a street in Philadelphia and its residents' almost constant involvement with the police and the courts

Early night now, once again with vague hopes of managing to get some stuff done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Damp.

Windy.

Chilly in here at 11 deg, 9.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.736693 in Hg, 755.31211 Torr, 14.6 psi, (unchanged but a millitad), 72% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of August 2019 the mushrooms were ok, WWII was much in evidence in my viewing with the roast beef being meh, whilst it was sunny for NF.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Raining now so I timed that right.

Lunch: less baked spud etc. Rather nicer than yesterday's attempt.

Entertainment: bit of Just a Minute, bit of The Food Programme waffling endlessly about Burns. Wear the fecking gloves then, that stops burns.

Thing about the encrypted batphone thing.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86% (86.004%).

Canadian Border thing: how dumb do you have to be to take hydrocodone pills across the border from SepticLand when you already have a conviction for dealing?

Tea: soup etc.

NZ Highway Control. <click>.

R4 on about guns.

NZ Motorway Cops.

Vera S13 E3 "Salt and Vinegar" and that's the last one. Sounds like they won't make any more.

History's Greatest Mysteries. Jimmy Hoffa again. <click>

NASA's unexplained files. Strange "music" heard while Apollo 10 is transiting the far side of the moon. Pluto probe problems with comms. Unidentified Russian satellite. 150km plume above Mars. Earth II <- commentary bollox on steroids.

NASA's unexplained files. More bollox. Turned out I'd watched this one before.

Strewth it's a bit windy out there.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 January 2024, 10:22.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Very wet & windy overnight. Might spend the day curled up in front of the fire.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

It sounded rather windy last night and it still seems a little breezy now, but nothing cataclysmic so far. Quite a bit of blue sky too, though there's enough cloud that it's only sunny spells right now. Much milder at 9°C and expected to reach 12° around midnight, which seems odd but there we are. The barometers are heralding the storm whose name I've forgotten by dropping to 996/1004mB

I had a very good night's sleep and feel quite refreshed thereby. Whether this will translate into doing anything useful remains to be seen. Still, it is the day of rest so even if not, it's all OK

Comment

Fire lit and burning well, now that I’ve got heat into it. Wind howling down the chimney.

​​​….and now it’s time to take Mad Max out for a walk.

Comment

Evening all

Dull, overcast, intermittent rain, windy. Similar weather down on the Sussex coast as in London. 11 degrees, cold. Barometer is at 1014 mBar.

Took Mum for an eye test. Very early signs of cataracts but nothing requiring action right now. She needs a new prescription but decided she didn't want to sort it out today.

My brother was at my Mum's when I arrived, using the driveway to wash his new car. He's gone full mid-life crisis and bought himself a 1998 911 Carrera Tiptronic S in some deep red colour that apparently didn't sell well but was exactly the one he wanted.

Comment

Tea has been pork medallions with chips and beans

Nice enough, though I'm not sure how they're supposed to be different from pork steaks - they seemed the same to me. They were a substitution by Sainsbury's

And lunch was a roast beef cob

The afternoon and early evening have been occupied by giving some attention to the usual Canadian borders and NZ roads stuff on the telly, but more to SwiftData and SwiftUI on the laptop. I started a new project to try to apply what I've learned so far to making something I might actually use, and it's going very well so far

Comment

Invited to loony lady 1's bedroom today - to change her mattress! Bah!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A smidgen breezy in the South West. Electric still on, somehow.

TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X