• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup and white toast

Still sunny out, and enough low sun got through the gap between the blocks to thaw the cars on this side out

Comment

And tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

Sainsbury's are due between nine and ten. Hope they're nearer the former

Comment

Sainsbury's finally arrived, so down I went. Turned out the goods had been packed by an imbecile, with the result that no less than four bottles of ale had smashed in transit. Luckily, most of the other stuff that had thus been bathed in beer for its journey was tinned and otherwise well-wrapped. And I only appear to have received one small cut to my thumb from a splinter of glass that had attached itself to a tin, which isn't too bad given the amount of broken glass in the delivery tray

The driver was very apologetic about it. I suppose he's the poor sod who has to deal with the mess when he gets back at the end of his shift, as well as taking the blame here on behalf of some nameless colleague

Unfortunately, most of the labels had been mashed up in the beer rendering the barcodes useless, and I'd only ordered one each of the smashed ones. So I ended up having to go through my shopping list on his device picking out a smashed item and handing it back to him so he could mark it as undelivered, then taking it back and picking out the next one, and so on until they were all done

Comment

Tonight's viewing was limited to a new episode of Traffic Cops

And I did some more mucking about with SwiftUI

Friday tomorrow! It's about time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rosy fingered dawn outside, but frosty with it. Currently -3°C but it might get to the dizzy height of 4° this afternoon, and it's starting to get milder as tonight it's not expected to even get down to 0°. The barometers are up a fair bit at 1007/1016mB

Comment

Morning all
              Clear skies, -2oC, a hard frost made for a crunchy walk, but the pooch has been perambulated and that's what matters.

TFIF, etc.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 9 deg, 4 deg in the kitchen, 3 deg in the leanto, -1.7 deg in the saltinghouse. .

1019.5 mBar, 30.1 in Hg, 764.687886 Torr, 14.787 psi, ( up from 1007 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 50% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of August 2019 NF was home again home again jiggety jig from his visit south, after which he read a book, whereas I'd finished watching Dune (1984) the tv version, assorted WWII epics, and was also reading books.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine and cold chill.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some green bollox instead of Y&Y on R4.

Some billionaire tory scum **** lying on the wireless about the end of the production of raw steel at Margam.

Ta Ta TATA.

Who will import the raw steel from, you guessed it, India. Or more likely their plant in the EUSSR.

Oz customs thing: much as usual, though the illegals in the chicken factory were a bit different, along with the famous Japanese tattoo artist ($1000/day in tips), two aircompressors which proved to have 5kg or so of pseudoephidrine in the air tanks, enough to make 4.5kg of crystal meth worth millions, very talkative Indian (not Geronimo kind) couple with the usual suitcases full of undeclared foodstuff, though rather disappointingly no frog fat, despite pretending to vomit & cough over everyone, they had to pay the fine. Mouthy twat incoming from Thailand with a fine selection of flick knives, laser pointer, knuckle duster, and a taser concealed in a "torch" disguised as a batphone. Sadly, despite them taking him to a back room, they didn't beat the obnoxious **** to a pulp or fine him.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> <click> <click> <click>

Wheeler Dealers S11 E2 Porsche 993.

Vanished Wales: Nant y Moch village: drowned by a reservoir. Vetch Field: replaced by an out of town stadium. Bits of Barry: knocked down to make it better. Cardiff fire station: knocked down to replace it with a multistory.

Minute by Minute Emergency: Sydney nursing home fire. Scumbag got 11 life sentences. That should keep him occupied for a while.

Spanish customs thing: llama foetus heaven: none this week. Coke in talcum powder containers. 2kg. Saving boat people from the straits, they don't seem to have much difficulty sending them back whence they came. Wacky baccy: 2.1kg. Chap with false floor to the boot of his car: smugging ciggies from Gib. Car duly confiscated due the quantity. Moroccans smuggling dismantled 50cc motorbike. In fact the usual crap except it's all in Spanish. Oh, and a woman with shedloads of botox from China: they won't let it in without health certs from the EU which sounds remarkably sensible since it's coming from a country that makes poisonous fake hens eggs.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 January 2024, 10:38.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Damp. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 5 expected. Snow showers forecast this morning.

Date night tonight.

Comment

Date night tonight
                    Does HWMBO know about that?

Off to rule the creative writing group soon. Loony lady 1 walk this afternoon.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Date night tonight.
                      Prunes here
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X