• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow almost stopped now. Put some peanuts and fartballs, I mean fat balls, out for the little birdies. Run out of seed, grumble.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Some snow here at Heathrow. Not enough to be troubled by, fortunately. Just a few flakes wafting about. Bloomin' cold though.

Comment

Afternoon dog walk done, meeting re-organised.

It's chilly out, but no snow.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No snow here. Instead, I have had to turn for entertainment to the handheld Bluetooth label printer that Amazon just delivered. The turkey soup is now in the freezer adorned with neatly printed labels decorated with an icon of a roast fowl in addition to the description and date, which look much nicer than the scrappily written things I've been doing with up to now

The associated phone app allows one to build up a library of templates, so as and when I freeze stuff, I can design a suitable label with an appropriate icon from the extensive selection available. Hours of fun

Comment

Tea has been spag bol

And it was accompanied by Inside the Factory which dealt with the matter of jelly beans. They're more complicated than you'd think.

Later, the opal hunters were approaching or reaching the ends of their seasons, this time plagued by excessive rainfall making stuff too crumbly for safety

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Clear sky out, with a bit of a pink tinge to the eastern horizon before sunrise. Frosty start though: currently -1°C, maybe reaching 3° later. The barometers are steady at 1022/1030mB

The bin lorry came past earlier, so we might finally have empty bins after the double whammy of them not being put out on Mondays because of nobody working, and everybody generating festive waste. But I'll wait until the staff have put them back in their little corral tomorrow before I bother taking my own recycling over there

Comment

A bit of a blizzard yesterday evening, but only for half an hour and most of the snow has blown away.
                Chilly walk earlier, but at least it's dry.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with patches of sky poking through. Dry. No frost. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 3 expected. Barometer down a touch to 1028 mBar

Trying to get to Charing Cross today but the Lizzy Line is having a senior moment. Resorted to the Central Line. My aim of arriving my 9 am is bust

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

And wot is Tuesday? It's Maigret day.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

No snow to speak of so I won't.

Cold in here at 9.7 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 6.5 deg in the leanto, 2.4 deg in the saltinghouse.

1028.5 mBar, 30.371 in Hg, 771.438 Torr, 14.917 psi, (unchanged), 76% RH (GDR hair), 56% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of August 2019 in a change of location, various island battles in the Pacific War made a change from Gotterdammerung in Berlin, while NF extract chicken something or other cacciatore from the freezer and watched episodes of SWAT.

Prompted by Alan Bennett's "Writing Home" just had a look at the restaurant on a pole in the St. John's Shopping Centre. .

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4072...8192?entry=ttu

WTF?

https://stjohnsbeacon.co.uk/

It was "For Sale" when he was there.

Lunch: beans on toast etc. Memo to self: buy more beans.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The calendars in "The Works" are still stuck at £3. I'm not made of money. They were £1.50 last year.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine & biting wind. Two pairs of gloves solved the frostbite problem.

Entertainment: Septic customs thing followed by Oz Customs thing. Chap had his glock confiscated after forgetting it was in his glove box when attempting to enter Canada. Chap from Canada excluded for misrepresenting his septic job as less than it was.

Memo to self: don't try to smuggle durian seeds into Oz, it costs a lot: $6kAu.

Chap with 0.03g of hash between his butt cheeks. . No charges: just don't be so fecking stupid next time. Maori with 7 driving convictions & an aggravated robbery conviction returned to NZ.

Looks like the swimmer is sunk for a couple of days. Oh how we'll miss the .

Tea: soup etc. Plus tea. Not Glengettie tea but Welsh Golden tea which is quite nice but not Glengettie nice.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard: "The Square Mile Murder (1961)"

Maigret S8 E2 "Murder in a vegetable garden (1999)".

I note with a little innerest that Dear Old Dixon of Dock Green will be reappearing on Talk TV imminently. The oldest Sgt in the force by the time he retired in 1975.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2024, 18:33.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Prompted by Alan Bennett's "Writing Home" just had a look at the restaurant on a pole in the St. John's Shopping Centre. .

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4072...8192?entry=ttu

WTF?

https://stjohnsbeacon.co.uk/

It was "For Sale" when he was there.
                      I remember that being built

Comment

Working...
                      X