• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: lamb rump steaks with chips, peas and gravy

I feel a bit better for that. Still got a bit of a headache though

I'm impressed that I somehow managed to bend the arm of my glasses that hit the ground outwards at the point where they join the front bit. Inwards I could understand, but outwards makes no sense at all. At least they didn't break, but I'm not going to risk trying to bend them back myself. I expect I'll have to get a new pair made, but they'll do until later in the week when I'll have time to get across town to the optician's. With a bit of luck he can bend them back to be going on with while the new ones are sorted out

Comment

Sunday afternoon TV now brings us Australian border stuff, which I suppose is better than nothing.

And later, several episodes of 24 Hours in A&E during which I mainly compared my symptoms to those of the people with head injuries, and concluded I probably don't need to go there unless I start to deteriorate further

In one of the flats on the middle floor opposite, they've put a massive LED pentagram in what I think is the bedroom window. I'm not sure if this is for Christmas, or because they're setting up a Qabalistic temple over there

Monday tomorrow, but at least I only have to do three days and then I'm done for the year

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry, albeit damp from the weekend's rain. Some fluff of a grey hue about. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1004 mBar

I managed to dodge the showers on Saturday when popping out to the shops and later for dinner with HWMBO. On Sunday I had a horrible drive in rain down to see Mum but a really good clear run home.

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc and mild out.
          A slightly clearer head this morning than yesterday, and while it's Monday, I'm counting the hours until I switch off tomorrow evening to head to Italy.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Mixture of cloud and blue sky out, leading to a rather pink dawn just rising. The wind has died down considerably after a blustery night. Currently 7°C and expected to reach 10° later, while the barometers are unchanged at 989/997mB

A good night's sleep was had, despite the aches and pains. The headache seems to have subsided, although I still don't feel 100% in that department, as there's still a degree of achiness in my cheek where it hit the pavement. The pain at the base of my ribs on the right side has risen to greet the pain in my shoulder, so now my whole side is liable to complain whenever I try moving about, but it's OK when I'm at rest. I daresay it'll all sort itself out in a few days; either that or deteriorate further, finally forcing me to seed medical advice

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Source of maggots: the toaster. . Now cleaned out of the accumulated detritus (& maggot) & awaiting a touch of vaccing for the rest.

Dry.

Grey.

Calm.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 12.6 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1002.5 mBar, 29.6 in Hg, 751.94 Torr, 14.54 psi, (up from 997 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of August 2019 NF was introduced to some "medicinal" sausages, I found yet another tin of long past BBE tomatoes in the cupboard, and NF showed us a picture of a level crossing a relative had to negotiate in 1944, whereas LM was concerned at the difficulty experienced in restocking gin due to "cyclists".

Introduced the toaster to the vacuum cleaner, the crevice tool & the brushy thing: much detritus removed. Turned my back to put the cleaner away & lo! another maggot decided to go for a walk from the newly refreshed toaster.

I may have to take the damn thing to bits.

Shopping trips to Morrisons and Tesco (34 out 34 back) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. They've changed the packaging on the porridge oats just to confuse me.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. No maggots in the toast.

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/take-part/iden...ion-guide.html

Entertainment: TWATO. The thing about Tea: indentured labour: i.e. not quite slavery but not far off it.

Walk (abbreviated) walked, started off in sunshine, it then greyed over, and was drizzling by the end.

Freecell score: 81%, running average: 86%. Not in the zone today.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage: astronauts and space, the final frontier.

A thing about what happens if cousins marry cousins for n generations: i.e. nothing good.

PM.

Tea: soup etc.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E6: G Wagen.

Abandoned Engineering (last ep): The Neith of Spetses: Egyptian style house. Builder Anargyros was married to a woman who had him falsely accused of being a paedo, house later used by the Nazis in WWII. Lighthouse in Beirut which is now in the city & redundant due to higher buildings around it. South Korea: Seodaemun Prison in Seoul during the Japanese occupation. Yu Gwan-Sun was tortured to death there in 1920. Gilford Linen Mill County Down. Closed 1986.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 December 2023, 21:57.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: mixed charcuterie butties with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Spag bol for tea, and very nice it was

Last of the bol, that was, so I need to make some more now

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a further episode of The Crime I Can't Forget which wasn't exactly cheery

And then the opal hunters had their usual equipment failures, mixed up with getting heavy equipment bogged down in outback mud because the "unprecedented" rain keeps coming

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X