• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chilli and lime chicken bits in a wholemeal bap. I hadn't tried those before, and they're quite nice

Comment

For tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Accompanied by the latest episode of The Met which I think is the last in the series

Comment

Further entertainment was provided by Apple Developer videos, and some reading

Thursday tomorrow, which is the last working day of the week for me this week!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, Sofia calling, local time 0835

Cloudy but expected to be sunnier later. Currently -2 with a high of 3 expected. No precipitation forecast.

We seem to have the same type of room as our previous visit in March but this time with exec lounge access. There are signs of snow but it's mostly just piles on the side of the footpaths where it's not melted away yet.

Working today and tomorrow. With the time difference it makes for a nice slow start to the day but also means a late finish to align with UK time.

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty start again; it must be coming up from hell, which has finally frozen over, thus allowing the death of Kissinger. Currently a bit less cold than yesterday at -1°C and maybe getting to 3° again later, while the barometers are essentially steady at 992/1000mB

It's Thursday which equals Friday!

Comment

Morning all
              It's snowing in Devon.
              Needless to say the morning walk was quite chilly.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Preparing a baked potato in microwave last night and must have set it wrong, came down to a kitchen full of smoke. Had to open all the doors and windows, just what you want to do in winter when you've already had the heating on. Wot an eeedeeeot!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Thursday which this week is Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold, very, 11.3 deg in here, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto, 2 deg in the saltinghouse.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750 Torr, 14.5 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of August 2019 WTFH was still asking "Are you sure?". .

This morning's nightmare involved me being seconded from Ye Sloughe of Desponde to Cardiff Uni and some unidentified Uni somewhere else where I turned up not wearing trousers. Most odd. At least I had a nice white shirt on. WTF? Glad to wake up.

Entertainment: Wasteland: electronics waste.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the biting cold.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finders: chap with perfume company. Y&Y sliced bread: xmas trees. .

More apple tree massacred. It's getting towards the difficult bit where I have to be careful it doesn't demolish the tin shed.

Seems an awful shame but no one wants the fruit and I'm finding it an increasing burden to collect it all.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainmment: PM <click>

The World at War: Battle of the Atlantic. Hedgehog.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E9 Karmann Ghia.

The Art of Film on Sky Arts: Biopics.

Trucking Hell S7 E19.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2023, 18:32.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

New clientCo made all the right "outside" noises and then say I have to book non billing days as "annual leave". I get they need time tracking for invoicing to client and monitoring PO burn down but surely I can just leave a non billing day as blank?

Comment

Snow falling heavier now. Not settling much out the front, but I suspect the back may be different.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X