• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Saturday. And thusly:

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Misty.

Moisty.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14.2 deg, 13 deg in the ktichen (that windowsill looks really clean), 13 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of July 2019 it was warmish in Manchester according to original PM.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, though aside from the mist it was dry.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers (on the Road for some reason) S5 E2 Lotus Esprit: the one with the leaky sunroof that seemed to be designed to make any possible mechanical operation difficult to achieve. Watched with subtitles because my tolerance of the mockney Brewer seems to be at a remarkably low ebb.

Dan Do. Dunno if this is a repeat. It wasn't. It had a lady doing sign language. Presumably yng Nghymraeg.

Freecell score: 82%, running average: 86%.

Discovering Frederic March on Sky Arts.

That Alice Roberts doing her Fortress Britain thing: E3: the Cold War that nearly went Hot.

Maigret S3 E6 "Love from Felicie (1962)". Very good.

Israel: A twice promised land E1&2.

Bits of Columbiana.

Bits of Death Wish II.

I'm not altogether sure which of those films is the most insane.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 November 2023, 23:30.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, dull, damp. Drizzle. Light breeze. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 15, maybe 16. Not much rain forecast but occasional spits and spots expected. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Off to meet friends for lunch, then cocktails, then a play/performance. We're going to see Witness for the Prosecution at County Hall.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day after a rainy night, again. Currently 13°C heading for 14°, so at leats it's mild; the barometers are quite sharply down though, at 995/1003mB

I'm having croissants with strawberry jam to accompany my morning coffee

Comment

Ham butty for lunch

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips from some place in town

The chips were OK; the ribs were rather meh

I think this is the final weekend that the Chinese is closed for holidays or decorating or whatever reason it was they've been closed for three weeks

Comment

Sore eye, but improving. Hopefully a good night’s sleep will help.

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks to ladymuck for pointing me towards tonight's first major motion picture premiere: Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes (2020) in which a coffee shop owner's two screens, one a TV in the coffee shop and the other his iMac in the flat above, start communicating across time, the iMac showing two minutes into the future from the viewpoint of the TV, the TV two minutes into the past from the viewpoint of the iMac. Pointing them at each other only complicates matters further… I thought this was excellent, funny and also developing an intriguing perspective on the confusing question of time

Then another major motion picture premiere, this one about major motion pictures: Babylon (2022), an account of the astonishingly decadent days of Hollywood in the 1920s (and into the 1930s), starring Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie with a supporting ensemble cast. Some, it seems, have described this as "uneven" and I suppose it does have its weaker moments. But all in all, I thought it was really good. In particular, the music is amazing; jazz, of course, given the era, but incredibly heavy and primal, rather than the kind of thing Kenny Ball or Chris Barber used to trot out

And finally a rewatch of The Adjustment Bureau (2011). It's surprising how many films I like that turn out to be based on Philip K. Dick stories, given that as far as I know, I've never read a single word he wrote. I should probably fix that

Goodnight all

Comment

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe".

There's a few he didn't write.

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

NotSoCold in here at 15 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of July 2019 it was grey & drizzly, but then the sun came out.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 67%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score in the greyer gloom: 88%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud.

Entertainment: TWTW.

Freecell score: dire.

Frecell score: direly dire. WTF?

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Seabees on Iwo Jima. Didn't look like a lot of fun all in all.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Discovering Eisenstein: I've never seen any of his films & on the basis of that I don't think I'll bother. . Tedious.

The thing on 5 about the JFK assassination from the viewpoint of the Parkland Doctors: The Grassy Knoll seems rather more believable than The Magic Bullet. .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 November 2023, 00:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and windy day out, and now some rain has turned up too. Still a little warmer than it has been, being 12°C and maybe reaching 13° in a bit. The barometers continue downwards at 990/998mB

Comment

A bit windy overnight, The dog has had his morning walk and if the weather improves I’ll be out planting bulbs. Might light the fire.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X