• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    What kind of monster would toast tuna mayonnaise?
    Possibly the same sort of monster that puts Tuna on a Pizza!!

The obvious can of worms being the much debated abomination that is "Pineapple on Pizza"
    IMHO ToP is WORSE than PoP but ranking these horrors might be an attempt to qualify absolutes!

Comment

PS - I Had pittas stuffed with humous and a rather smelly kimchi with a few gherkins (pickled) and carrots (not pickled)

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

And before settling down to that, I headed over to the place of the bins with a couple of bags of recycling

Comment

Tonight's viewing was an old Police Interceptors followed by a new The Met, the latter being the more interesting of the two. If you're fleeing the scene of a crime, it seems it's a bad idea to use your own bank card to tap into a Tube station immediately beneath a CCTV camera

The other evening I had a brief exchange with qntm on Twitter, which reminded me that I'd been thinking about some of the stuff in his book Ra recently; so I took a break from the Roman history to reread some of that

Early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            Filthy wet out, so we've had a stroll around the garden and two "meetings" booked in the work day to make up for it
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and overcast out there today. Getting cooler too, despite the cloud blanket, being 4°C with no more than 8° due later. The barometers are about the same at 1000/1008mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday judging by the recycling & waste disposal engineers presence in the road earlier.

Grey.

Dark.

Sunless.

Wet.

Cool in here at 14 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.82528 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of July 2019 it was warm & getting warmer, while I was about to depart with Yet Another Load of Books for donation to Oxfam. I'm sure they were pleased to see me, particularly since a lot of those would have been electrical/electronic textbooks. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the dismal grey gloom of the late morning.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread on sports bras. .

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E9 Volvo P1800. After all that engine work it still sounded like a bucket of bolts.

Villages by the Sea: Solva, lime kilns & all that.

That colourful chap who likes trains: Aberystwyth to Newtown via Devil's Bridge & feeding Red Kites.

The Art of Film: War.

Trucking Hell S7 E17.

A Kiss before Dying (1956). Hacksaw Ridge. feck it, I'll read a book.

(Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II finished last week by the way).
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2023, 22:46.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull. Overcast. Grey. Looks dry in a damp way. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Rain forecast all day. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

My arm aches where I had my experimental flu vaccine jab but only mildly. I only noticed it in the wee hours this morning when trying to sleep on my left side. There are no placebos in this trial as it's a dosing trial, I just don't know which variant (there are 15 trial groups!) I have been given.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

There was some loud banging of heavy metal objects resounding through the premises earlier. I think this must be something to do with the lift engineer vans parked outside. I hope they were doing maintenance rather than smashing them up; I use the stairs most of the time, but I'm not keen on bringing the shopping up that way

Comment

Lunch was a spicy tomato soup. One of those 'fresh' ones. BBE 3 November but tasted fine to me. Accompanied by a warmed up part-baked roll filled with cheese and tomato.

Comment

Working...
                      X