• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, with a temperature of 9°C which I suppose is fair enough for the time of year. The barometers are up at 995/1003mB

Meanwhile downstairs, an Amazon delivery arrived and upon going down to collect it, I found the Amazon delivery that was supposedly made yesterday but which never actually arrived, despite me going to look for it within minutes of getting the notification that it had been delivered. So I don't know if it wasn't really delivered then and came today, or if it had been delivered to the wrong block and somebody brought it over, or what. Ah well, it's here now

I prefer it when they bring the stuff all the way upstairs and leave it on the mat, but if they ring the bell I always tell them to leave it down there when I buzz them in. I daresay the exercise of going down and back up six flights of stairs does me good

Comment

Assorted charcuterie butty and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

Comment

KFC for tea

Comment

Plenty of wildlife stuff on this afternoon, including Monkey Life

And that was it for telly, but I've read a chunk more of Pax

Early night now, though it probably won't translate into an early start tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

I didn't end up getting terribly drunk at lunch but, as I didn't get home until 7pm, it still wasn't a good idea to cut the hedge on account of it being dark.

Always an excuse...

While I was out, Amazon delivered a new mouse to the hedge by the front door. I was concerned about the compatibility of Logitech's unifying receiver across devices separated by a good five years of technological advances (not that there's all that much going on in keyboards and mice). The result was positive. No native pairing of new mouse to old receiver (or old keyboard to new receiver) but after the quick installation of some software and telling it to pay attention, all works perfectly and I am happy enough. Now I have to get use to a new mouse
            Last edited by ladymuck; 11 November 2023, 23:51.

Comment

Morning all
              Planted about 200 bulbs yesterday, and when it stops raining later I’ll be doing about the same number again.
              The Dog is patiently waiting to be walked.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and overcast out, but it's layers and occasionally brightens up a little as the sun gets through a thin patch. Not going to turn sunny though, and there's a 100% likelihood of drizzle between now and lunchtime. Currently 5°C, not getting any better than 8°, and the barometers are down slightly at 992/1000mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast and wet. Light rain falling and will continue to do so for most of the day. Currently 7 degrees and the high will just about get to 9. Barometer down to 1005 mBar

Off to visit Mum soon. The weather down there isn't much better

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

It's very quiet in here, today being the day The Archers begins at 09:15. Oh how we miss Nelson Gabriel and his father, Walter, along with Tom Forest and Pru. .

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 13.6 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (unchanged), 70% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of July 2019 NF was in the Chinese & very nice it was too, though the weather was inclement and the temptation to do "Singing in the Rain" was apparently resisted. There was discussion of "Escape Plan II" & "III". Millie had decided that the thunder had passed, so a decent night's sleep was achieved by both.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 86%

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment:

Colonel March of Scotland Yard: The Abominable Snowman.

The Directors: John Huston.

Drych: Mental Health Yng Nghymraeg with subtitles.

Tony Robinson waffling on about stereo photos of The West. <click>
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2023, 23:16.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Gawd. I remember Walter Gabriel from when I was a kid and me ma always listened to it.

Really lucky with Wordle again just now, finished in 2 goes, got 4 letters on 1st geuss, 3 in right place.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X