• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy out today. Not even that warm either, being at its peak of 9°C. The barometers are heading back down at 952/960mB

Monkey Life is back later!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      The Wife can see!
      well, she can see colours really clearly, but the focus isn’t great yet

Comment

Once the rain had finally stopped, I ventured forth to the kebab shop, so tea has been kebab and chips

Comment

Darn it, forgot to go to the village firework night. Still, it was pretty wet anyway and had quite a good view from my bedroom window.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lots of wildlife stuff on the box this afternoon, not least Monkey Life. It's a repeat of the series shown earlier in the year, but I missed most of it that time as I was going down to see my Mum in hospital on Saturday afternoons.

And later, an old-but-new-to-me Police Interceptors

Then to reading; I finished off The Possessors and then got started on Tom Holland's Pax: War and Peace in Rome's Golden Age

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              CBS, etc.
              a brief power cut overnight, no idea why.
              The Wife can see better this morning
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

It seemed inclined to be quite a bright day not long ago, but seems to have clouded over now. Brighter conditions expected this afternoon, it seems, but a bit windy too. Currently 8°C with an expected high of 11°, and the barometers are making their way back up again at 968/976mB

Comment

That's wierd. Got a cheap little flash drive recorder by the bed that I can mumble ideas into. Found I couldn't delete the files, so tried turning on the little record switch. All the file names have turned to Chinese!

Anyway, loony lady 2 wander later.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Damply dry or drily damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 15.4 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

983 mBar, 29.03 in Hg, 737.3 Torr, 14.257 psi, (up from 969.5 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Prebreakfast walk (abbreviated) walked in case the sun went in.

Meanwhile on the 25th of July 2019 it was universally hot hot hot, DaveB was happy with his newly arrived aircon, while Xogg received various recommendations for cookery, whereas I was searching the interweb for photos from the current book of the time, "Austerity Britain 1945 to 1951" by David Kynaston.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: TWATO.

Freecell score: 85%, running average: 86%.

"My Spy (2020)" with Dave Bautista. Very funny.

Tea: chilli con carne (first portion): hope it gets better after a sojourn in the freezer.

It's been hammering down here for half an hour, which curtailed the Battle of the Somme which appeared to be transpiring outside.

The River thing on Blaze, last ep.

Some crap septic thing about MH370.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/c...nt_found_tulip/

^^^ In eager anticipation of the next series of total toss returning.

The last 10 minutes of "Pale Rider (1985)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 November 2023, 23:31.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a moderately-sized fry-up

It was supposed to be getting sunny by now, but it hasn't

Comment

Working...
                      X