• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Sussex?

SUSSEX??????

I lived in Surrey!

Anyway, TFBSZ. Big day tomorrow as The WifeTM is going to get a new lens in her left eye.

I have no idea why I typed Sussex instead of Surrey. The unfortunate parking incident was in Surrey.

My Dad had lens replacement. It seemed to go ok. Sported a fetching eye patch for a while. Not sure about the lying face down malarkey.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 3 November 2023, 11:04.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon which should give way to a clear evening. Barometer up to 994 mBar.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have no idea why I typed Sussex instead of Surrey. The unfortunate parking incident was in Surrey.

My Dad had lens replacement. It seemed to go ok. Sported a fetching eye patch for a while. Not sure about the lying face down malarkey.
        Looks like Reigate roundabout.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to, and successfully so

Only mask in the place, as usual

Before setting off, breakfast was a Pukka steak slice. It's not something I'd usually have at that time of day, but its use-by date was yesterday so the earlier I ate it, the better the chance of beating its self-destruct mechanism to the punch

And now lunch: a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the tepid food counter

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to, and successfully so
            Me gone to, and UNsuccessfully so. Crowded, hard to park, never going on a Friday again. And NO RASPBERRIES aaaaaagh!!!!! Had to get them at Aldi.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Me gone to, and UNsuccessfully so. Crowded, hard to park, never going on a Friday again. And NO RASPBERRIES aaaaaagh!!!!! Had to get them at Aldi.
              It was very crowded at mine too. I assume it's the people who think "Now I've finished spending my money on Hallowe'en tat, I must start spending it on Christmas tat"

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Le Mans '66 (2019) which seems to have also been released under the title Ford v Ferrari, leading to the anomalous situation whereby searching for it on IMDb under the former title shows it under the latter title as first result, and then shows the former title again when you select that result. IMDb really need to sort their tulip out; this isn't the first film where I've seen such behaviour

Anyway, it's good, with the usual caveats about not knowing how much is the true story it's based on and how much is added or changed to make it a good film. But worth a watch if you enjoy the subject matter

Then a rewatch of Passenger 57 (1992) which is good but suffers from the problem of many such of films of its age: it relies on a lot of stuff that could never happen that way. I know airport security was much laxer before 9-11 but I still think it unlikely that you could just bring a load of guns aboard in the passenger meals back then, or that you could easily ensure that your tame psychopathic stewardess (Liz Hurley) would be rostered for that particular flight. Lots of other stuff that makes little sense, too. But allowing for the fact that you could be a lot more casual about the real-world aspects of the story in those days, it's OK I suppose

Finally, a rewatch of Sherlock Holmes (2009) which is very silly and historically inaccurate even in the context of the fictional universe of Holmes, but does at least acknowledge that in the original stories, Holmes was skilled in various martial arts, while Watson was a military doctor with combat experience, so neither of them were that averse to a ruck as and when needed

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  The Wife can see!
                  well, she can see colours really clearly, but the focus isn’t great yet
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    The Wife can see!
                    well, she can see colours really clearly, but the focus isn’t great yet

^^^ Guy Ritchie: directed two good films & a tulipload of crap ones, Sherlock Holmes being one amongst many.

Morning.

Saturday.

Wet.

Dark.

Grey.

Dank.

Sunless.

Cold side of chilly in here at 15.1 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

965 mBar, 28.49 in Hg, 723.8 Torr, 13.996 psi, (down from 980 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of July 2019 I had a feeling of "sonder" apparently after observing a very elderly lady holding her disabled son's hand in Tesco, bringing back memories of me holding my mum's hand in Tesco after my dad had gone into hospital, whereas Xogg was having difficulty cooking pasta, and NF had managed to keep the temperature in his flat the right side of 30 deg, it being 33 deg outside.

Shopping trip to Morrisons to get the stuff I forgot earlier in the week, x7 down, shanks' back. It didn't rain on me which was a plus.

Lunch: baked spud (large).

Entertainment: the comedy on R4.

The Great Flood (of 1953) on 5select. No sign of Noah. <click>

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%.

Next batches of bol & chilli con carne duly cooked.

Tea: spag bol. Bit meh. Hope it gees up a bit in the freezer.

Entertainment: Wotsit Robinson talking to some Labour apparatchik or other.

The shipping forecast.

Some bollox: Vintage Volt: electrifying a Porsche 914: it needs a custom radiator.

Fortress Britain with that Alice Roberts: Henry VIII, his fortresses and The Mary Rose.

Maigret S3 E4 "The Wedding Guest (1962)". An odd one, not improved by the need for a dump partway through. .

JFK: 24 hours that changed the world.

Kennedy, Sinatra, and the Mafia. .

I was wondering how a man with osteoporosis managed to join the US Navy in WWII: turns out that dear old Joe Kennedy fixed it so he did.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2023, 23:40.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with fluff. Damp from much overnight rain. More rain expected this afternoon. Currently 13 degrees and that the high for the day. Barometer down to 971 mBar.

Had a lovely date night out with HWMBO yesterday. Started off at Silverleaf for cocktails and then onto a supper club at Cinnamon Kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                      X