• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Om.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Bright.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 16.7 deg, 17 in the kitchen, 15.5 in the leanto, 11.9 in the saltinghouse.

982 mBar, 28.998 in Hg, 736.56 Torr, 14.2427 psi, (up from 979 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (abbreviated) walked prebreakfast in the sunshine & breeze.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile in the halcyon preplague days of 23rd of July 2019 PhilTheGreek had spinach & potato ?soup? which he rather approved of, whilst others were sweating away in the appalling heat while yet others (DaveB) were buying aircon and I was wondering where the feck all that junk came from in the front bedroom, something that puzzles me still.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

It went very grey so everything is back in, shirts are dryish, smalls in the TD.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: that quiz thing at 12:00 on R4.

Everything in off the line.

Shirts (slightly damp) duly iRoned & airing upstairs, smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Entertainment: Infinite Monkey Cage S14 "Frankenstein".

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

The last half hour of "The Bounty Hunter" with that Randolph Scott chap.

Tea: there was.

Entertainment: if there was any I didn't find it.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2023, 08:43.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: cold sausages and bacon in a Vienna roll (red sauce)

Comment

Long village group walk this morning, over 2 hours. Nicer than I expected.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Towel wash on

Comment

Bah! Lady came beside me during group walk today and we chatted all the way. Thought I might have a loony lady 4 but then she mentioned her husband was at the back.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Scotch broth and a thick crust of wholemeal for tea

Back to work tomorrow. I can't say I'm excited about it, but I definitely feel much better for having had a break

Just got to work out when to use the rest of the leave now

Comment

Not a lot of viewing today, what with the schedules having been upended. There was some true crime stuff early evening which I didn't really pay a lot of attention to. And later, a new episode of The Crash Detectives followed by a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Suppose I'd better set an alarm for the morning. At least there's the clock change working in my favour

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with chunks of fluff. Damp from yesterday's (and overnight) rain. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain due from lunchtime onwards. Barometer up to 997 mBar.

Yesterday's drive to Sussex was not very pleasant. The drive back was better.

Now off for a day with my new client.

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly cloudy start, though some bands of blue are starting to appear between the layers. Currently 9°C with 13° later, which seems to be the new standard. Chance (~25%) of showers around lunchtime. The barometers are up a little at 982/990mB, despite the alleged approach of Storm Wotsisname

Comment

Morning all
                      Blue skies and sunshine out on our walk earlier, although the ground is sodden.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X