• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raining off and on all morning.
    My 13:30 meeting hasn't started yet, but like a good poo, I'll give it 5 minutes.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If anyone is looking for some charity seasonal cards this year,
      https://spanielaid.co.uk/product/spa...ristmas-cards/
      The Christmas themed ones feature Millie (staring at a snow dog)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        If anyone is looking for some charity seasonal cards this year,
        https://spanielaid.co.uk/product/spa...ristmas-cards/
        The Christmas themed ones feature Millie (staring at a snow dog)
        My nieces like dogs, so they should earn me some Best Uncle points

I ambled over to the bins with some recycling, and chucked a handful of nuts on the lawn for the squirrels to find while I was down on terra firma. They haven't done so yet, but there's often one out around dusk so maybe they'll come across them.

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new-to-me episode of Trucking Hell in which Crouch Recovery were sent to a broken-down artic which turned out to be on the flyover near the motorway out the back of Big Sainsbury's, and the operative got it to limp down and around the corner to the entrance/exit road of the car park… where I saw it!

I think it may have been this time, from 22 December last year:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Then over to Sainsbury's for a rather odd shop, as I didn't need much while everybody else in there was going Christmas mad… I saw a Crouch Recovery heavy wrecker, brightly illuminated with orange lights

Comment

Tea was ratatouille made with home grown veg from the freezer and some haddock.

TFBSZ.

Comment

Got the compliance tick in the box for my new contract so I duly signed it and sent it off. Then had a catch up with the person I'll be working with. I've worked with them before so it was easy to get into the specifics of what they need.

Will be visiting new clientCo on Monday to meet the whole team and again on Wednesday to meet more people I've worked with before.

Nine days left with current client of which 7 or 8 are billable if I can't wangle something.

HWMBO has gone home but will be back again on Thursday.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Insider (1999) about the whistleblower Jeffrey Wigand grassing up the big tobacco companies in the USA via 60 Minutes and its journalist Lowell Bergman. It's a good one if you like these based-on-actual-journalism stories

And I do like them, so it inspired me to rewatch The Post (2017), that being one of the best of that ilk in recent years

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ The Insider was moved to the top of a pile only the day before yesterday. It won't be watched any time soon.

Morning.

Saturday.

Wet, very very wet.

Grey grey grey verging on black.

Sunless. Has it gone out?

Cool in here at 16.6 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

984.5 mBar, 29.07 in Hg, 738.44 Torr, 14.2789 psi, (up a microtad from last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of July 2019, reviews of "The Name of the Rose" declared it pretentious crap, whereas covbob was contemplating going to The Dark Side.

Rain stopped.

Sun came out.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: the dehumidifier humming & rattling away to itself.

The News Quiz Last Ep of the Year: <click> There's nothing funny.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

Vintage Volts: how to electrify an MG Midget. 4 pot calipers on a Midget? It'll stand on its nose. Well, cheap at £40k.

Maigret S3E3 "The Countess (1962)". With William "Schweppes" Franklyn, William "Archbishop" Mervyn, and Colin Jeavons (the goto oily scumbag).

Stephen King on screen on sky arts. I've watched a few of his.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2023, 20:23.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Noticed funny patterns all over my car rear window yesterday. Found a little snail on the inside, dunno how he/she/whatever got there. Anyway, rescued it and put it on some nice rotten leaves. Pity we can't eat mouldy leaves, save on our food costs. Maybe meet loony lady 1 later, if she's over her jet lag.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Started sunny then it clouded over and rained a bit but still quite bright out. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 expected. More rain due throughout the day. Barometer back up a smidge to 993 mBar.

I was going to get the hedge trimmer out but with the forecast being what it is, I won't bother. Have to take a parcel back to M&S for HWMBO and then contemplate what else to do with my day.

Comment

Working...
                      X