• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, we're back

Somebody doing a server migration, apparently.

Anyway…

Afternoon denizens

Sunny day with Simpsonesque tendencies. Currently at the high fro the day of 22°C, and the barometers are soaring at 1011/1019mB

Lunch was corned beef butties

Comment

Currently...

Water temperature

Birs 18.4 °C
      Rhein 20.6 °C

Air Temperature 27.3 °C
      Sunshine 10 of 10 min
      Precipitation 0 mm/h
      Wind speed 4 km/h
      Wind direction NE
      Wind gusts 9 km/h
      Relative humidity 41%
      Pressure 983 hPa

Spent the morning as a gopher for our set constructer- a young lady (19 years old) uncertain whether to pursue a career in civil engineering, or as a writer of musicals.

Went for a swim about an hour ago. Very pleasant.

Home-made pizza tonight. Recently married daughter is with us, since her husband is having a night on the town with his mates. He'll learn.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea has been KFC, delivered by a chap on a bicycle. Nice enough, though the fries aren't as good as they used to be, as they've started doing those skin-on ones

Comment

Good evening all

Meant to post this morning but forgot.

It's been a pleasant day. Early cloud gave way to a sunny afternoon. Can't remember the temps. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 3 September 2023, 10:56. Reason: bloomin autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good evening all

Meant to post this morning but forgot.

It's been a pleasant day. Early cloud gave way to a Sunday afternoon. Can't remember the temps. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.
            The forum was down for hours, so you might not have been able to post anyway

Comment

Today's viewing included a bunch of wildlife stuff this afternoon, fairly heavy on elephants and baboons for some reason. And later there were the never-ending repeats of Road Wars and the like. And after that, I decided I couldn't be bothered watching any more telly this evening

Early night now. This might mean I get stuff done tomorrow, but probably doesn't

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dreams involved going back to Uni on some course or other. I was glad to wake up & find it wasn't real.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1022 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (untapped 1019?), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of July 2019: see yesterday's post.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a Minute Edinburgh Festival edition.

Freecell score: mediocre.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%. Might have made up for today's & yesterday's losses.

NZ Highway Patrol S1 E1&E2. Back to 1999 we go. Very exercised by a chap wandering over the yellow lines.

NZ Motorway Cops S1 E1&E2. Must be about the same. Some German chap drives into a pole & his mum flies out from Germany to collect him.

Tea: soup & rice thing, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Joy of Painting. well that was a welcome Impressive surreal sunset start to the painting.

Joy of Painting. No

Nasa's Unexplained files thing: Strange colours in the UV in Venus' clouds: H2S & SO2 present at the same time. ?Life Jim but not as we know it? Spartan satellite retrieval in 1997 by spacewalk after it failed to start up when launched from the shuttle bay. The astronaut who launched it later died on her 2nd mission. Romans see two moons in the sky during the war with Carthage: bad omen. No explanation. Atlanta bomb during the Olympics: video analysed by NASA to identify the bomb & the bomber: VISAR. UFO in a 2001 photo from the ISS more likely to be an impact on the viewing window. Kepler satellite outage: ?hacking?: no one knows or if they do know they're not saying.

WACO on ITV. Never trust anyone who says he's Jesus, it doesn't end well. Felt really gutted for the chap who tried to get his daughter out of there, then lost the rest of his family to it when his wife took his children over there too.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2023, 22:51.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

A good night's sleep has been had. Sadly, the new mattress hasn't yet effected a miracle cure on my lower back, which still grumbles occasionally; but I think I probably need to assist the process, perhaps with a little gentle exercise and so on

Sunny day but with a high haze. Currently 21°C and possibly getting as high as 25° later in the afternoon, while the barometers continue their resurgence at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

HWMBO has gone to Amsterdam for work and I'm bimbling around the house doing feck all.

Comment

bimbling around the house doing feck all
                      Ditto. Just feeling empty today, not in mood to go for drink at village club. Go for walk and mow the boring lawn I suppose. Let's think of summit else, go to the moon, shoot a penguin, er.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X