• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

The laptop for my new gig arrives later today. An XPS13 Plus. These guys clearly don't skimp on their kit.
    What's 'plus' about it? I love my little XPS13 that's now 4 years old and still going strong

EDIT: Om

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What's 'plus' about it? I love my little XPS13 that's now 4 years old and still going strong

EDIT: Om
      Same, I have an XPS13 from 2016 that's still running well if a little on the noisy side these days. An excellent bit of kit and well worth the extra money at the time.

I'm expecting one of these: https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/lapt...ptop/bn93350sb

I think that "Plus" is a slightly better screen, the all-in-one palm-rest/track pad, and that flat keyboard... I'm not expecting the keyboard to be that great to be honest, but I use an external one anyway, so no great problem.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        It's just me and the dog in the house, so we might nip off for a nap... though I'd have to wake the lazy tulip up to get past him and out of the office.
        Nap cancelled in favour of a walk in the sun. It's turned into a rather lovely day for late Summer / early Autumn.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Lunch: sardine (tomato sauce variety) toasties

Comment

Timesheet approved, invoice submitted. Just an hour to kill and I'm off to Tobacco Dock for an evening of feasting!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Timesheet approved, invoice submitted. Just an hour to kill and I'm off to Tobacco Dock for an evening of feasting!
              Do say "hello!" I've not seen to old boy about for while. Have a great night out.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye with chips, fried onions and beans

The chemist has messed up my monthly prescription, missing out two items

I only chose them over the other chemist about twenty yards further on because they're a small local shop run by, though apparently not for, local people, while the other one is part of a larger chain. But after several cases of them either messing up or just not bothering to get the prescription ready until I turn up asking for it, I'm seriously thinking of switching to the bigger place, on the grounds that they probably get the job done

And in more health news, I got a text from the surgery telling me I'm entitled to a Covid booster as well as a flu jab

Comment

No premiere tonight, but the first major motion picture was In the Heat of the Night (1967) which is, of course, excellent

And then a rewatch of Taken (2008) and Taken 2 (2012) though the latter was the "unrated cut" aka the "extended harder cut". TBH I didn't notice which of the six extra minutes justified such vainglorious titles, or even which minutes they were

Goodnight all

Comment

Usual luck with weather yesterday. Hung me washing out before me walk and it started raining heavily just as I got back to the car and drove to the supermarket. One of worst downpours I've seen, roads were running with water. Got back and found it hadn't touched my area, me clothes were all dry.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 79% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of July 2019 NF was making soup, Diver was attempting without success to take a nap, while !Surprise! I was mowing lawns whilst contemplating moving.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing to speak of.

Some time was spent potching in the garage attempting to find some post 2005 Electronics World magazines for disposal. There was no success in this endeavour despite the information implied by the labels.

Put some other mags in the boxes emptied by the RadComs and attached new labels.

Freecell score: 71%, running average: 86%. Zoned out.

Tea: mediocre bol with spag, it didn't improve in the freezer, never mind only another 3 weeks of it, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing to speak of.

Freecell score: even fecking worse.

Entertainment: Maigret S2 E8 (1961) "Raise your right hand". Patrick Troughton in this one. It didn't end well.

The Four Just Men E35 (1960): "The last days of Nick Pompey". Mafia skulduggery.

Oddly, faceache is advertising Taurus G2C pistols at me, with the option of 9x19 or 40S&W. How very odd. And it's quite persistent. I wonder if it knows something I don't. .

I think I'll hold out for the long slide .45ACP 1911.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2023, 21:11.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X