• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Get yourself over onto Tinder and get it broken in properly Old Boy.

Comment

Lunch: a Pukka steak slice

Down on the big lawn, the extremely manic squirrel was lurking by the hedgerow while a magpie peacefully browsed a few yards away, until the squirrel ran straight at it! The magpie took off and settled among the rose bushes in the central flowerbed, where the squirrel followed.

A couple of minutes later, the magpie was back out on the lawn, and the squirrel ran at it again! I don't know what's got into it today. It's often very exuberant, but up to now it's generally left the birds in peace

I reckon it's making a rod for its own back though. Corvids have long memories and don't forgive easily, so I suspect they'll find an ingenious way to make that squirrel regret its harassment before too long

Comment

Just spotted a little robin hopping around the garden while I was contemplating what to have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          ...I don't know what's got into it today...
          Maybe it has a new mattress that needs broken in?

On a slightly more prosaic note: lunch was brie and crispy smoked bacon in a chunk of French bread.

Last edited by wattaj; 30 August 2023, 13:27. Reason: Poor speilng.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

There's a Super Blue Moon tonight. Which I will forget to look out for.

Comment

Burger (toasted sesame bun, tomato relish) and fries for tea. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                There's a Super Blue Moon tonight. Which I will forget to look out for.
                It isn't excessively cloudy here now, but the Moon seemed to be travelling quite low in the sky when I saw it last night, so I'll probably miss it too

Comment

Tonight's viewing has mainly been the thing with the motorway cops and the entirely unrelated dash cam footage

Though earlier, I caught about twenty minutes of a repeat of Who Wants to be a Millionaire and the date on one of the cheques was very close to the time my brother was on, so maybe he's coming up soon, though it's also possible I've missed him by a few days as I can't remember the exact date twenty years later

I decided to wash my pillows to celebrate the arrival of the new mattress. Unfortunately, I forgot to start the process first thing this morning and ended up doing it a bit later than was sensible, given that they won't all fit in at once and take absolutely ages to dry. But I got there in the end, and I'm hoping the mattress will ensure a good enough night's sleep to make up for the late bedtime

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny moments as the sun ascended, but I think that was just it getting through the vertical gaps between layers of cloud on the horizon, and now it's got high enough to shine on top of them so it's cloudy. Currently 11°C with a high of 17°, so starting to feel a little autumnal as we head towards the equinoctial month of September tomorrow. The barometers are slightly up but really much the same at 998/1006mB

Comment

The new mattress is very comfortable indeed, by the way

Interesting that I thought of the old one as "mostly fine, just a bit saggy in the middle" but now realise that it was really very broken down and past its prime in all respects

Comment

Working...
                      X