• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a footpath inspection this morning. Friendly little horse followed me over the field, putting it's head on my shoulder. Nice horsey, just all the flies I didn't like. Loony lady 3 at jazz thing later.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch was a ham bap (white) with a bag of plain crisps

Is pork soup a thing? I assume it must be, but I don't recall ever hearing about it, or encountering it in the wild

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lunch was a ham bap (white) with a bag of plain crisps

Is pork soup a thing? I assume it must be, but I don't recall ever hearing about it, or encountering it in the wild
        https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/pork-soup-recipes/

Comment

Lawn mowed. Mum is talking about moving to a little seafront flat as she feels the garden is getting a bit much for her manage. It's a sensible idea as there's some nice flats up the road from where she lives that could be bought outright with plenty of change left over. Whether she'll actually want to move is a different matter as she's been in that bungalow for over 30 years.

Comment

I thought I'd finished the chicken hotpot, but one more portion turned up at the back of the freezer, so that made for a nice tea along with a crust of white bread

Comment

Cheers - some decent-sounding ideas there! Amazing, the crazy stuff that turns up on the Internet

Comment

After the usual mishmash of US borders, NZ roads, and CCTV, the evening's viewing was provided by the Ohio 911 dispatchers, follow by an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Another week awaits

Short week after that though as I'm taking the Friday and Tuesday around the Bank Holiday weekend off, meaning I get a five day break

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy start to the day, after a rainy night too, so everything looks very damp out there. Comparatively mild though: 16°C with 22° expected later, though the rain will carry on for a bit longer and it'll be windy after that. The barometers are down a bit at 997/1004mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 760.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing oh so very brightly Roy.

Meanwhile on the 3rd of July 2019 BR14 was polishing scratches, whereas NF was cooking stuff, and covbob was becoming irritated with someone on a conference call.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Calculus Wars". Wherein I discover I can't remember any of it. Never heard of the brachistochrone though I was vaguely aware of the cycloid.

Sun's out.

No "Trucking Hell" but Trucking Heavy instead. Which I don't watch. So that should improve things a bit.

Tea: soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Some prog about the Eyerack War & its aftermath with Bliar.

Joy of Painting. . strong in this one. Black canvas.

Joy of Painting. . Not so much. Strewth where did all that red come from?

Digging for Britain with that Alice Roberts: variously pink and red hair interspersed with the tedium of Retro Electro Workshop depending on how tedious each proves to be, the latter including a bit about a Spectrum and a C64 that some mugs probably paid far too much for then had some other mug fix. Stone me, sold the C64 for £190 to another mug.

Freecell score 95%, running average: 86% (85.559%).

The last 20 minutes of Rambo III. Stone me he looks young. And Richard Crenna wasn't dead.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2023, 08:49.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Very damp over night. Cool and grey this morning with the promise of a brighter afternoon.

The boy has discovered that "baking" means that he can up his sugar intake. Still, I'd rather that he was baking than playing bloody computer games... and we have a nice, regular supply of fresh cake.

I have given up on "Unforgettable". I just can't stand the lead pairing anymore. The constant will they/won't they pish is just too much for my sensitive stomach. Anyway, onwards and upwards... currently rewatching "Reacher" for a bit of fun... come on season 2, where are you?

Ooh... the sun's out!

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X