• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea turned out to be lamb scouse with a crust of white bread, and very nice it was too

No premieres tonight, but the first rewatch was one I first watched back in 2017: The Manchurian Candidate (2004) which is good, though I suspect the original might be better? I have that on Blu-ray, so I'll have to dig it out and check.

And then rewatches of two of those films that, despite having a lot of big stars, seem somehow to have been given little regard. First, Money Monster (2016) with George Clooney and Julia Roberts, directed by Jodie Foster; and then Eye in the Sky (2015) with Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, and Alan Rickman in his final live-action role. Why does nobody ever seem to talk about these films? It's weird; I sometimes wonder if some anomaly means they popped into my universe but everybody else's never got them

Goodnight all

Comment

I've watched the first 10 minutes of Eye in the Sky.

Never heard of the other one.

Morning.

Saturday.

Wet.

Windy (or should be, it's not very at the moment).

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of July 2019 I was watching stuff about Apollo, there was a minor flood next door due to the unfinished nature of the installation, and WTFH was in that Scotland place for some unknown reason.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Start of "Ride the High Country (1962)" with that Randolph Scott (his last film, after which he retired), Joel McCrea and Mariette Hartley (Spock's squeeze in the penultimate ep of STOS, though that wasn't directed by Peckinpah) directed by Peckinpah.

Weatherman Walking (an ep from 2017) Three Cliffs Bay, Gower, Welshpool. The old format.

The Lone Ranger (1956) in WarnerColor(tm) feature length film. Well that was irritating, the sat signal kept dropping out at random intervals. FFS. Had to retrain the ancient Freeview box to get it to find Leg End channel, by which time the sat Leg End had come back.

The end of "Ride the High Country(1962)". Managed to watch that twice; once in HD, and once in SD.

Sunny here but the wind is rising.

Tea: spag with bol, the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Am Dro: and lo! S4C HD and C4 HD have swapped around. And lo! lo! they've gone back the way they were.

Still sunny. Blue sky with clouds, nothing much in the way of wind or rain.

Maigret S2 E4 "The winning ticket". Gosh. Don't mess with the flics. Not a stunning recommendation for Czech illegal immigrants all in all.

The Four Just Men. E31 "Rogue's harvest". Ah, Roger Delgado again. It always makes me smile to see him even in these bit parts.

Maigret S2 E1 2017 "Night at the crossroads" with Mr Bean. It's rather different from the 1960 version and from the 1992 version.

I went to bed halfway through. There were characters in it that weren't in the other two versions and the artist was a Dane rather than a German, while his lost eye was due to an aircraft crash rather than fighting on the Eastern front in Leningrad.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2023, 08:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Dull, overcast damp. Rain doing it's thing off and on all day. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 1004 mBar.

Had a very long lie in. I seem to be completely reversed in my trip recovery compared to the Hawai'i visit. After that one I was falling asleep at 8pm and waking at 5am. This time, I'm awake until 2am and dozy in the morning.

Off to get my very first pair of spectacles. For reading and computer work. Therefore, mostly tax deductible IIRC.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and very rainy day out. Not feeling too warm either at 14°C, which is as high as it's going to get. The barometers are down at 992/1000mB (though that's relative to yesterday's readings, which were made elsewhere)

Comment

The annual Caribbean Carnival is going on down on the park at the other end of the road today. Meanwhile, the rain continues to pour down

Comment

Usual good luck with me walkies, quite nice although BBC weather says rain 94%. Stopped at a local farm to see what the big signs they've put up outside were about, thought they might have opened an access area for visitors or summit. Turns out it's a care home for people with learning disabilities. Not quite there yet.

Mods, please delete multiple posts replying "Yes you are"
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been an enormous Turkish mixed grill from the place across town, and was delicious

I still find it very cool that I can order a meal from a restaurant on the other side of the city, and twenty minutes later some east European bloke on a bike turns up at the front door with it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Grey and very rainy day out. Not feeling too warm either at 14°C, which is as high as it's going to get. The barometers are down at 992/1000mB (though that's relative to yesterday's readings, which were made elsewhere)
                  Evening.

It’s raining in Nottingham too. The Riverside Festival is on here and we were going to go, but decided to turn the electric heater on, drink hot chocolate and watch very wet mountain bike races instead.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

After helping elderly neighbours' son trim hedge tomorrow, meeting up with loony lady 3. Must find me ear plugs.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere turned out not to be a premiere, because I watched it the other year; the fact that I only realised I'd already seen it when I was a long way in suggests how much of an impression it made. Anyway, it's 47 Ronin (2013) and as I said of it last time, if you like that kind of thing then it's the kind of thing you'll like

And then another rewatch, knowingly so this time: Legend (2015), being yet another attempt to tell the story of the Krays. As always with these things, it ends up with a rather casual relationship with historical facts, though it's a tad better in that regard than some efforts and isn't a bad film all round

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X