• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday. .

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Slightly less cool in here at 19.4 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1001.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 999.5 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 it was BR14 who'd been on a drip rather than Diver, who was enjoying a nice tea.

Telex machine glowing nicely.

Entertainment: thing about the Eyerack War on R4 which included Bliar doing his usual lying thing thing. Nominative Determinism lives! Plus the idiot ex head of 6 who still seems to think that Saddam had WMDs hidden away somewhere despite all evidence to the contrary.

Attack Warning: Red: Our Rog gets a mention for "Two suns in the sunset", one of his more uplifting dirges.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out & 34 back. I like it when it works like that.

And a conversation with a chap waiting for the bus about mowing the grass & such important subjects.

Three conversations today. Who'd have thunk?

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed (judging by the colour of the bread, the plastic bag being a matter of chance), a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of less toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it went <click>

Some minor gardening undertaken. How do these brambles grow so quickly?

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E1: the burned out double decker crisp trailer. No Rory.

Tea: lentil & ham soup with bread, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. Very strong despite it being Yet Another Seascape.

Joy of Painting. Managed to wake up for the last 10 minutes. Dunno what the masking tape idea was about.

About 5 minutes of The Retro Electro Workshop bollox.

Treasures of the Indus: Pakistan.

No more NCIS since it ended last week, no more Car SOS since it ended a fortnight ago.

Bereft.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 85%. Had a streak in the high 40s until that one loss. Ho hum.

Abandoned Engineering: Byron Hot Springs Hotel: PO Box 651, Camp Tracy: interrogation centre for Japanese POWs. Slains Castle Aberdeen, inspiration for Dracula's castle. Vivikonna, Estonia, Soviet town founded by nice old Uncle Joe for the extraction of shale oil. City of Ani in Armenia: site of a piece of the True Cross and a monastery until those nice Turkish followers of the prophet came along & burned & flayed the monks alive. Also part of the Armenian genocide during WWI.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2023, 08:13.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Morning all, local time 0806

Sunny with minimal cloud. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 28 expected. A chance of rain and thunderstorms overnight.

There was much thunder and lightning last night/early this morning but we were in bed so didn't get to see it.

Comment

Why is it that the busier I feel, the less I actually get done

Anyway, lunch was ham toasties

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet, chips and beans

Just the one cutlet again, as part of the vague attempt to not eat as much as I have been. And that also means I need fewer chips to maintain the correct chip/chop ratio, so it's a double win

Comment

Lots of faulty equipment in tonight's opal hunters; as one commented, "Mining is just something to do between breakdowns."

No other telly, but I managed to get a number of bits of the SwiftUI thing sorted out, making use of various APIs I haven't previously played around with

And then early to bed to read a bit more of Attack Warning Red!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather sunny start for a change, but expected to cloud over towards lunchtime. It's 12°C at the moment and expected to reach 18°, so much the same as yesterday but without the rain. The barometers are up a bit more at 998/1006mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Sunny.

Dry.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.73669 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 it was BR14 who'd been on a drip rather than Diver, who was enjoying a nice tea.

Entertainment: 2nd ep of Attack Warning: Red! on R4.

More "gardening" done. Pile of weeds now 4.5 feet high. Garden path now passable. Useless weedkiller sprayer thing managed to leak more stuff on me than on the fecking convolvulus.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of lightly toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengetttie tea.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of Y&Y. TWATO waffling on about Israel.

More "gardening" including mowing the big lawn next door since the bottom half seems to grow very quickly. Dunno what I seeded it with but I wish I'd chosen sommat else. Mower ran out of petrol before I'd finished, but the strip that's left can wait until I get a round tuit.

Fell arse over tit tripping over a breeze block, fortunately without damaging it or myself.

8 buckets of apples consigned to the compost heap.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E2: the one where Rory takes an ancient Bedford truck to an old folks home to show it to a chap who'd used them in the Libyan desert back in the early 50s. The handbrake cable broke & Rory needed rescuing about 15 yards outside the yard. Also the milk tanker in the meadow.

Tea: soup with bread, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM waffling on about Israel again. Oh, I've missed Fireball XL-5.

Colonel March of Scotland Yard E15 with that Boris Karloff chap. And a monkey. "Death and the other monkey".

Scotland Yard with that Edgar Lustgarten chap. "The Wall of Death". Poor old cat.

The Four Just Men. E2 "The Prime Minister".

Which last deserves this:

No Joy of Painting today. .

The Human Jungle S2 E1 "Success Machine". 1965 apparently. It's got Sylvia Sims in it. I didn't recognise her. And Wanda Ventham.

Maigret 1992 S2 E2 "Night at the Crossroads".

Abandoned Engineering: K Pop Dreamland: abandoned amusement park in south Korea (well it wouldn't be in NK, now would it?). Vehicle assembly building in Georgia (not south & not septicland). Dunnottar Castle Aberdeen: the sort of place that resounds to "FREEDOM" apparently. Nazi prison camp in Nis, Serbia with the usual mass murder.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2023, 13:53.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a pancetta omelette

Bit of a headache coming on. I blame the slight improvement in the weather allowing pollen and stuff to escape into the atmosphere

Comment

Drove down a very narrow lane heading for me walk today, it was hard to get past another car even at the passing place. Got further on and found there was a huge lorry blocking the way. It was still there with lights flashing when I got back from my hour walk. Must have got stuck at the narrow bend. What an idiot driver to take that route!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X