• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home earlier than expected following a lovely, and cheap, visit through to Edinburgh.

There is apparently nothing wrong with the car, so I'm hearing things, which is nice... I'll add deafness to the increasing record of my decrepitude.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Day 3 of trying to cancel my Virgin Media broadband contract.

No small amount of irony that I see that there are calls for an investigation into their abject inability to get their tulip in order: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

No small amount of irony that I see that there are calls for an investigation into their abject inability to get their tulip in order: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785.

They were one of the ones I didn't have any trouble with when I moved, but that was probably because at that point, they still weren't able to provide service to my new place, so they had nothing to gain

Comment

Tea has been ribeye steak with chips, fried onions, and beans

Nice evening out again, though with a number of clouds hanging around

I've been dithering over whether to go shopping; I don't really need much, and could get by just staying local, but the car needs filling up anyway. I've decided I'll see whether I manage to get up really early tomorrow so I can do it first thing like the other week; if not, I'll go at lunchtime unless somebody comes up with an idea for a meeting. I don't want to go tomorrow evening as I've got a chicken to roast then, so if the worst comes to the worst, I'll have to stop off at Not As Big Sainsbury's on the way south on Saturday. It's en route anyway, but the petrol station is very small and prone to queues at busy times, so I usually try to avoid it on Saturday lunchtimes

Comment

Some good fortune for some opal hunters earlier

And then further viewing was a couple of Apple WWDC 2019 videos about some of the more arcane aspects of SwiftUI

Getting an early night now, though not necessarily with the goal of getting up early

Goodnight all

Comment

Been a wee while. Trust the denizens of TPD are all fine and dandy.

Returned from a relatively successful evening at Scrabble club and started watching a film but have now realised I've seen it before, so may head bedwards.

'Night

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Returned from a relatively successful evening at Scrabble club and started watching a film but have now realised I've seen it before, so may head bedwards.

'Night
                Night
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with rain. Forecast: more rain

Still, it's fairly mild at 14°C, expected to reach 18°. There's also a warning about it being windy, so maybe I won't be throwing the windows open wide. The barometers are very slightly down at 1000/1008mB

No early rising to go to Sainsbury's was achieved

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

'Night
                    Morning

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      It wasn't termed "NTLHell" for nothing. . I cancelled when they wanted £50 to come & fix a fault on their line.

Morning.

Friday apparently. The trip to Swansea for a cup of coffee has been cancelled due to Swansea being closed for ironman or somesuch nonsense.

Wet. Very wet.

Grey. As grey as can be.

Cool in here at 20 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1010 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of June 2019 it was becoming warm, and there was a mention of Diver and the circular saw.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog (that'll be the last for a while), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100% (of 15), running average: 85%.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E15: the one where Merrie has to move an abandoned passion wagon to the council pound, and Tez drives his enormous Septic wagon along a narrow lane to recover a panel truck.

Tea: cumberland sausage sandwiches with lentil & ham soup, a yog, some peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Joy of Painting. very

Joy of Painting. not so and the painting looked usually childish.

Last 20 minutes of a thing about Butch & Sundance on PBS.

Dial 999 E21: "Mined area" and it ain't coal mined. . Bill Owen of Last of the Summer Wine in earlier days.

Am Dro (on later this week). Harlech Castle to the beach. Dinas Powys to the salmon leap.

Last 20 minutes of a thing about Amelia Earhart & Saipan.

National Park Mysteries: Glacier National Park. The UFO incident that turned off a missile silo. Quaker's Yard to The Gap & back to the A470. Garn Fadryn on Llyn.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2023, 22:37.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X