• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: herby chicken and tomato soup with a crust of wholemeal

It's starting to cloud over ominously rather than scenically outside now. My study window faces west, which is where the weather tends to come from, so maybe it's still scenic on the other side

Comment

Eeeeergh! Boring morning cleaning house and fixing the shower as me sister is coming to stay this evening. Want to go for a walk but neighbour's cat has snuck in and is snoring on the spare bed. Have to shoo 'im out if he doesn't go soon.

PS 'im or 'er or it. Wouldn't want to be a cat and have me inneresting bits snipped.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Two bags taken over to the recycling bins. Not quite so much Amazon cardboard cluttering the place now

Comment

Tea has been homemade donner kebab and fries

Lots of rain for a little while this afternoon, but it's a nice Simpsonesque evening now

Comment

For most of today, I've had the weird headache I think is something to do with hay fever. I've still got it

So I didn't feel like watching any telly, other than the S1 opal hunters thing. Lot of explosives in this episode

Now, I'm getting an early night in the hope of feeling better in the morning.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, though it seems to have dulled a little in the last few minutes; looks like a belt of cloud has just moved overhead, but with clearer conditions already visible behind it on the western horizon. No rain expected, though I think there was a shower or two overnight. Currently 15°C, with a high of 21° due later along with a cloudier afternoon, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Morning all

Overcast. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Showers forecast early afternoon. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

Two more days and then I'm off for three weeks.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Misty.

Cool in here at 20.2 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.8253 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 and a tad last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of June 2019 a valiant effort was made to clear some junk out of the junk room, an activity that remains ongoing.

In other news the recycling & waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier, though I was sleeping deeply enough not to notice despite my glass bin being full to the brim with jamjars and empty bottles of single malt whisky/whiskey.

Bins & boxes brought back in. There's someone in next door but they can't be arsed to do it.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of much newer lightly toasted toast than yesterday, 0.91*1.58 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Orange Vax used to vac the house using a Vax airpowered beater thingie I bought from Lidl(tm) some years (more than 5) ago. Works reasonably well but not as good as the upright.

Now, since the sun's out and the wind is blowing a semigale:

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the newly installed line.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E14: the one where Rory takes a lorry to be scrapped on the instructions of the plod & a destruction certificate obtained, he also loads two large generators onto a low loader with a failed winch.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (this portion actually tasting like chilli con carne, must have found a bit where the chilli powder festered).

The sun's gone in & the clouds are looking threatening.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S7 Xmas ep.

Joy of Painting. remarkably strong in this one: where did that mountain come from?

Joy of Painting. a seascape in an oval.

Trucking Hell S7 E5. The boat bit seemed endless & boring. And who in their right fecking mind parks a 7.5 ton truck on grass? Or drives an artic tanker up a narrow lane near Loughborough that has no exit so you have to reverse for a mile to get back out after Crouch have towed you out of the mud.

Blaze: Bob Lazar and the Flying Saucers. More bollox. Though it's a good question of why the PTB are still pursuing & harassing him.

Encounters on Blaze.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 July 2023, 22:16.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Early start this morning to get through to Edinburgh. Currently sat in the National Library of Scotland as I CBA wandering the streets whilst the car has its brakes checked.

Still, sun's out and I'm not in Glasgow. Win, win.

Would love a drink for old time's sake, but need to drive back later this afternoon.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch as been assorted charcuterie butties with a bag of plain crisps

Last of the plain ones, so I must remember to get some more when I go shopping.

I just popped over to the bins with a bag of general waste. Naturally, having been dry so far today, it started raining on me as soon as I emerged from the ground floor

Comment

Working...
                      X