• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cool, overcast but reasonably bright start to the day following a warm and overcast weekend.

The replacement smoke detectors are up... a new law in Scottishire requires them to be interlinked. Additionally, there is now a requirement for detectors to be in ALL living spaces and landings. My mum lives in a small, one bedroom, four in a block cottage type of thing and now has FIVE of the bloody things scattered about the place... it should be pretty exciting up there when a slice of toast next gets out of hand.

Next up: reviewing the architect's sketches for updating the house... it's only been four years since they were drafted, so I'm a little bit ahead of schedule on this one.

Feeling quite virtuous.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Companies are merging the drinking water and sewage systems to save money.
        Wouldn't put it past them

Comment

So so <---

But the market is dire so I'm going to stay at clientco for a while longer - the entertainment is daily and very entertaining...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Rain's on. Oh well...

Made popcorn for the lad as he's decided to have a movie afternoon with his mum. Spilt a good cup and half of kernels on the floor...

Getting a bit bored of the job hunt. Might retire without telling anyone. I doubt they'd notice.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Homeplugs have arrived and are now joined to my network. Huzzar!

Family now know that I've been buying more junk off eBay.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Lunch was Heinz oxtail soup with seedy bloomer toast

Today feels like it's been very busy, yet I've achieved nothing. This is mainly because first thing, one of the other devs wanted help, then the other one did, then meetings, then another bloke and I had to discuss some stuff, then lunch, then another meeting, and more questions popping up along the way… now I have little energy or enthusiasm left to start anything I'm actually supposed to be doing

Comment

Some occasional light showers have passed through, but no big thunderstorms this time

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with spicy potato wedges and peas

Accompanied by the S1 poll hunters, who had variable degrees of success. One of them is having treatment for cancer, which possibly explains why he isn't in later seasons; but neither are the rest, so maybe one shouldn't read too much into it

Comment

Just watched a new Mapmen
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X