• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something up with the water round here. The tap coughed and spluttered a bit, and now it's coming out cloudy and doesn't clear when left to stand for a while

Severn Trent have got some vague thing on their site about a leak in the general area, so no idea if it's something to do with that, or if the recent downpour has affected something

Anyway, several years ago I bought a couple of 5l bottles of Sainsbury' Scottish mountain spring water after a similar occurrence at the old place, which have since sat gathering dust as they were never needed. So I've cracked one of those open. BBE is some time back in 2020 but as it took thousands of years to filter through rocks and stuff before it got to Sainsbury's, I daresay it'll be alright

Good job I brought them from the old place; I remember thinking about ditching them, then deciding I might as well bring them along as they didn't take up much space

Comment

Telly today saw the Canadian border people replaced with their counterparts to the south. The American ones always seem much more obnoxious

Then the usual New Zealand cops, though I think that might have looped back to whatever arbitrary episode constitutes the beginning, as I've seen the caravan that lost a wheel before. And later, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out today, already 15°C but only getting up to 21° and clouding over in the next couple of hours; breezy with a 20% chance of rain around teatime too, so maybe another thunderstorm? The barometers are hovering around the same level at 1007/1015mB

Last thing last night, running the tap for a few more minutes finally got the water to run clear

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool in here at 20.6 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly due to the noise coming through the party wall. .

Meanwhile on the 26th of June 2019 covbob's root canal visit #2 was completed, with one to go, while a discussion on React happened, and I washed the algae off the leanto roof to increase the light level therein.

Freecell score: 100% (of 18), running average: 85% (85.444%).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, 38 bus back.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E11: the one where Rory finds an extremely vandalised artic, there was a lot more wrong with it than a blown fuse. No wonder it kept leaking air. Dunno what they did the cutting with but it must have been a meaty set of cutters.

Tea: soup & rice thing, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Joy of Painting. . very strong in this.

Joy of Painting. . not so much, it was a black canvas vision of the northern lights.

No Weatherman walking until the Tedious Tennis is over.

NCIS S19 E20 "All or nothing". The liver transplant one. Who knew that slot machine companies were so corrupt?.

Car SOS S10 E10 MGB GT. Another car I've never wanted though I wouldn't have minded a V8. A dead man's car. Oh good, it's going to be eco friendly: they're going to change it to electric. WTF? Edd China cameo. And a sighting of Workshop Phil.

Oh dear(tm), the body is scrap. An infinity of incredibly poor welding, so poor it makes my welding look good. So a new body. Ooops. This means it gets a new reg if it's changed to electric.

Well it got a new body & was made electric. I wonder how much that cost.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2023, 07:24.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Something up with the water round here. The tap coughed and spluttered a bit, and now it's coming out cloudy and doesn't clear when left to stand for a while
            Companies are merging the drinking water and sewage systems to save money.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with sizeable chunks of fluff, some with a grey tint. Bit of stiff breeze too. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 later. Rain expected overnight. Barometer steady at 1021 mBar.

Lunch yesterday with Mum was nice but the venue was like eating in an old people's home. The service was terrible so we won't go there again.

Comment

Quick visit
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

to grab

Comment

the

Comment

Comment