• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight at 20:00 on Yesterday, a new series of Secrets of the London Underground is starting with a look around the deep shelters under Camden Town

Comment

Cool, damp, circa 15oC. Suggestion of rain later. Summer has arrived.

Will start looking for work today. Not optimistic: there seem to be too many "inside" and "FTC" roles around for my liking... predicted as much a good few years ago now as I believe all clients and agencies to be lazy, path-of-least-resistance types.

Wasn't believed at the time.

Disappointing to appear to be proved correct.

Anyhoos... dog's asleep, boy's on the gaming computer, tea is fresh, and I have a new packet of Digestives to open.

Let's get at it...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup with a bit of wholemeal, which hopefully will have healing properties as I still feel fairly rough

I just looked up tarragon, as I use a lot of that for flavouring that particular soup. I was wondering if it's noted for having any relevant health benefits. Turns out most of its flavour comes from a known carcinogen

Comment

Expected rain came and went. Expected back again later, but sunny in the meantime.

Had a quick look for work. Now bored.

Might eat some more Digestives.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Rain's back on.

Browsing eBay.

I clearly need a hobby of some description.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

I clearly need a hobby of some description.
              You have the British hobby.

"Everywhere you go, always take the weather .."
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight at 20:00 on Yesterday, a new series of Secrets of the London Underground is starting with a look around the deep shelters under Camden Town
                Starting soon!

Comment

Today was pretty unproductive, as I really couldn't concentrate and generally felt crap. But I had a brief Teams meeting with a supplier this morning to confirm some details about some changes we need, which went well; and when I reported this on the team chat, everybody seemed really pleased with the results, so that'll do for one day

Tea has been roast duck leg with diced potatoes fried in the duck fat, peas, and gravy

I tried to do a bit on my SwiftUI app, but didn't really have the energy for that either

Comment

Tonight's viewing was yet another new Police Interceptors

But I took a break in the middle for the Underground programme

Another early night now, in the vague hope of feeling a bit more with it tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Just accidentally booked flights to Florence in October - what a shame..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X