• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy with flecks of grey, some blue sky trying to poke through. Windy. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Off to see Mum after I've had my coffee. Down on the coast it'll be 19 degrees all day until it isn't.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy with a few blue bits out, and quite breezy too. Currently 18°C, possibly soaring to 19° later, and the barometers are back up a bit at 999/1006mB

Comment

Early tea or late lunch? Either way, it was breakfast: a nice big fry-up

Comment

Today saw the usual lineup of Canadian border folk and New Zealand cops, and there's also a new (which probably means "less than ten years old") thing about police dispatchers in some American town which is moderately interesting. Then later, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday tomorrow. I feel like I need a break TBH. But I'm thinking of taking a few days off around the August Bank Holiday, by which time I'll definitely want one

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though still breezy and not getting too hot: currently 13°C with a predicted high of 18°, and a 20% chance of showers mid-afternoon. The barometers are hesitantly down at 997/1005mB

I was awoken a little after five by an odd banging noise, though after a few moments it became apparent that it was coming from something in the dream I'd just been having. So I went for a much-needed piss, which was presumably why my brain had decided to wake me in this way, and then back to sleep

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.737 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1008.5 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair),

Meanwhile on the 24th of June 2019 nothing much happened.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly this morning.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 38 back. Managed to avoid the rain, which was good.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog (gone up to £4 for 6 in Tesco, making the £3.50 for 6 in Morrisons seem cheap), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about private edjumakashen, TWATO, some guff about IT, the web, broadband, dialup at 13:45, with an ASR33 (from the sound of it) thrown in for good measure from some ancient 1960s edition of Tomorrow's World re WFH).

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average:85%.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E6: Rory! transporting the Red Commer truck. The one with the railway engine on a low loader.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog & the last of the stewed gooseberries & raspberries, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. TSo'CN.

Joy of Painting. the was very strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. the wasn't so strong in this one.

Weatherman Walking. Not on until the tennis is donewith.

NCIS S19 E19 "The brat pack".

Car SOS S10 E9 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo for a tetraplegic. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2023, 19:58.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and cloudy. Some clouds with flecks of grey. Windy. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Chance of a shower early afternoon. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Rubbish sleep. Absolutely pooped today.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 3 July 2023, 10:15. Reason: oops - typo on the barometer reading

Comment

However, I am just about awake enough

Comment

And have just enough time to

Comment

Snaffle a little zen

Comment

Working...
                      X