• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning

Bright and sunny. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Barometer notably up to 1025 mBar.

In Oslo it's much the same although the high will be 17 degrees.

Will be leaving for the airport in about 20 minutes.

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Due to the condition of the back, putting socks on was inneresting this morning.

Grey.

Dry.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 18.1 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of July 2019 there was much discussion of contracts, the lack thereof, of the days when one could just walk into same, plus talk of long forgotten films, with added discussion of meals & suchlike.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked potato etc.

Entertainment: Craig Charles waffling on about the Falkirk Triangle to reach no conclusion.

Freecell scores: 100%, 89%, running average: 86%.

Next batches of bol and chilli con carne duly cooked and awaiting the freezer once they've cooled down a bit.

Tea: spag with the new bol, pretty meh, etc.

Entertainment:

Maigret (1962) S2 E12 "The White Hat". Or "Mrs Maigret Investigates".

The Four Just Men E39 "The Treviso Dam". Stone me. This one has Judy Dench, Alan Bates, Fenella Fielding, Steven Berkoff.

Pulp (1972) with that Michael Caine chap. I saw this one a loooooooong time ago, possibly in the cinema, possibly during the endless tedium of Loogabaroo. Funny in parts. Dragged a bit. Vauxhall Cresta taxis on Malta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxha...est_(2018).jpg

A car that sticks in my memory because my dad bought one, it broke a half shaft on the way back from Aberavon one evening, and subsequently ran its big end bearings on the way to Tenby. Twas not a good purchase. The Rover 90 P4 that replaced it, on the other hand, lasted well.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2023, 23:08.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast day out, and an expected hour or so of drizzle has just started. Currently 16°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers have leapt up to 1012/1020mB ​​​​​​​

Comment

Cold cocktail sausages and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

There's a couple of squirrels scampering around down on the lawns. They've been very active for a few weeks now, but I suppose autumn is their busy time

Comment

It's drizzly out again, so tea has been a KFC delivery

I tried this a month or so ago and the fries left a fair bit to be desired, being rather soggy and undercooked; and reviews suggest this is a common problem at that branch. So this time I tried ordering from the one near the old flat, which is a bit further away, and the fries were distinctly better this time

Comment

Lots of African wildlife on again this afternoon

And then the endless repeats of police stuff got turned off, in favour of an evening of reading: Book 1 of The Iliad in Emily Wilson's new translation, and a load of H. G. Wells' early short stories

Windy out now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out and still a bit breezy, and it looks as if there may have been more rain overnight too. Mild for the time of year though, being 18°C with 22° expected later, and the barometers are back down a bit at 1006/1012mB

There were seven pigeons scattered around the lawn just now, having a bit of a graze. Then one of the squirrels emerged from the flowerbed and, after a bit of random scampering, rushed straight at one of them, causing it to take flight and eventually come to rest in one of the trees along the hedgerow. The squirrel turned round, proving it hadn't even been going in that direction, and then charged at another pigeon at the edge of the lawn, which was also forced to fly off! What a dick

Comment

Morning all, Oslo calling. Local time 1105

Sunny with wispy stuff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 15 expected.

Off to the Munch museum today.

Comment

^^^No Chinese! Up before midday on a Sunday! WTF is going on?

Morning.

Sunday.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18.6 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Woke at 03:00 to find myself out of bed & in agony with the back, apparently on the way to take a leak. . Plainly the automatic reflex didn't take account of the state of the back during this enterprise.

The dreams included one about working somewhere or other doing something or other. I was pleased to wake up, though listening to R4's "Something Understood" relating some poor sod's experience of being torpedoed in the Merchant Navy in WWII was less restful than required.

Meanwhile on the 16th of July 2019 NF had finished watching Spiral, whatever that is, while opm found it grey in Manchester, whereas it was sunny around here.

Lunch: beans on toast since I couldn't be arsed to get a spud, etc.

It's still drizzling.

Apparently I watched "Heaven's Gate (1980)" on a region 1 dvd about 6 years ago. I wasn't impressed. There are 27 1* reviews on imdb. I think that's unforgivably generous.

The NZ Highway Cops & Motorway Patrol. So that's how you change a rear wheel on a classic Citroen DS. I wonder how long that then 87 year old chap has been pushing up daisies.

Tea: the first portion of yesterday's batch of chilli con carne with rice etc. It turned out ok, rather nicer than the last lot.

Entertainment: Jop. JoP. Not on: replaced by The Shadows final tour. .

"The world's biggest bomb" on PBS: you know where you are with a thermonuke.

The River diver thing on Blaze. Vikings this time. River Trent. Feck me. Lots of junk. Not a Viking object to be seen. .

NASA's unexplained files. Eagle 1202 alarm. Quite how that was supposed to kill the CM pilot is a mystery. Jupiter's too hot. Mars anomaly (they've found Musk's Secret Base): chunk of something that looks artificial. Using NASA image processing in a 1989 murder case (cash dispenser camera footage processing). Mysterious spheres found on farmland: probably pressure spheres from a reentered Centaur state, the mystery being why it was noticed by those who should have noticed it.

The WWWC waffling on (possibly). Repeat.

Retro Electro Workshop thing if there's owt worth looking at on it. Not on.

Discovering Jamie Foxx on Sky Arts.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2023, 22:35.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Toasted teacake with plenty of butter for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                      X