• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awake. Hot. Birds tweeting. HWMBO snoring.

Comment

Morning all

No cloud. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 29 expected. Barometer at 1018 mBar.

Need to drive down to Sussex to visit Mum today. Part of me really doesn't want to.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

As close as a gorilla's armpit.

Warm in here at 22.2 deg, 24.5 deg in the kitchen, 23 deg in the leanto, 23 deg in the saltinghouse.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3121 Torr, 14.61 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of June 2019, the washing frenzy was ongoing.

Whilst today, the washing frenzy is ongoing: Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts in off the line after an hour & duly roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Unbelievable Truth. The Food Programme. TWTW endlessly discussing Russia.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Loaf portioned up & most stuck in the freezer for The Avoidance of Blue Bits.

Cottons in off the line, roughly iRoned & airing upstairs. The final pillowcase wasn't quite dry but the iRon seems to have helped it along a bit.

Knackered now.

Entertainment: Thing about 1977 with that Wynne chap who advertises something or other as an opera singer.

Highway Cops: one I've see before: the Irish guy with the scrap car.

Tea: bacon & lentil soup with Morrisons bread, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Motorway Patrol. NZ's finest dealing with oiks. Failing to stop on a 50cc honda. .

Joy of Painting: Wot? A dry canvas? I didn't tune in for sounds of a scraping knife.

Joy of Painting: rather potent in this.

NASA's Unexplained Files: first Soviet space walk problems, the singing comet. Why the Chinese lunar rover Jade Rabbit bit the lunar dust: nasty stuff that lunar dust. Summer 2015 asteroid impact "warning". Operation Jade Helm. How to deflect an asteroid. Unexplained object near the ISS. The Red Rain of Kerala: there's DNA in it.

America's Book of Secrets with Lance Reddick: Doomsday. I like a nice bit of doomsday on a sunny Sunday evening. Asteroid impact. Supervolcano eruption. EMP. Carrington Event. Nukes. Cuban Missile Crisis. AI and The Terminator.

Prepping: Xpoint. $35k per bunker. In North Dakota.

Ah. It's ok. Panic over. The Chief Autist will save us all. .

The UneXplained with the WWWC: the ocean deeps. Apparently one needs "a properly engineered submersible" for exploration. Who'd have thunk?
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2023, 21:05.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Birds tweeting
          Little sods wake me up about 4.30, have to get up and close the window.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wasn't planning to watch Glastonbury on TV but happened to catch a bit while scrolling through, Lizzo and the The Big Grrrls. Had to watch it for a while, can't think why.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Very warm and close again; apparently it'll get breezy this afternoon, but no thunderstorms are promised. Currently 25°C with 28° expected, and the barometers are down at 1000/1008mB

Comment

Breakfast was a nectarine, which is a bit on the healthy side. But lunch has been kebab leftovers, and so the balance is restored

Comment

Tea has been a nice big fry-up

Accompanied by Time Team digging up a Saxon cemetery

Comment

Was supposed to be a lonely day but not too crappy. After me walk dropped in at a windmill where I used to volunteer and met some old farts I know, then at local NGS open garden and met another old fart acquaintance. Whenever tea is being served locally it's her doing it.
                    bloggoth

Comment

The usual Canadian and New Zealand stuff was on this afternoon, but I didn't pay much attention to it as I was ditzing around with this SwiftUI stuff. I reckon I made some progress

And later, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X