• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning standup is done, which means I can now concentrate on the important matter of deciding what to have for lunch
    Lunch turned out to be herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a bit of wholemeal

Comment

And tea has been lamb scouse with seedy bloomer

Comment

Sun was shining this evening, so as soon as I filled out my timesheet, I was out in the garden. Have now put in four of the support posts, put down the weed matting and built the perimeter of the frame for the step. Tomorrow (weather permitting) I’ll move some rubble round to even up the ground, then put in more support posts and blocks. Might get the whole thing finished this weekend.

Now it’s TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car tonight was the AMC Pacer that they made look ridiculous and then had to sell at a loss. And the gold diggers are approaching the ends of their various seasons again. And then some more Traffic Cops whilst dining

And later, a bit more of Aubrey's Brief Lives

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            CBS, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again, and expected cloud and drizzle later again. Currently 11°C with a target of 16°, and the barometers are up a little at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 16.3 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Seems very polleny.

Meanwhile on the 4th of June 2019 the 40" Sharp tv was proving problematic, a factory reset being attempted to see if it helped (which it didn't), along with the excitement of an eye test.

Raining.

Sun's out.

Trip down to town searching for pyrex casserole dishes which seemed to infest every emporium the last time I bought some, these days like hen's fecking teeth.

Comestibles purchased from Morrisons dusted washed dried sanitised and put away.

Raining again.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finders, Y&Y Sliced Bread on antisnoring aids, TWATO until the presenter managed to irritate the crap out of me whereupon <click>.

Freecell score: 73%, running average: 85%. I'll never learn.

Tea: the final portion of chilli con carne with rice, red corner yog, the last of the pear halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (when it hadn't gone <click>).

Wheeler Dealers S12 E6 Datson 240Zeeeeeeee. Bought: $8k (MB started bidding at $78 which was $5k less than the guy was asking. Lucky not to get shot). Total: $11250. Sold: $16750 (and he wouldn't take a penny less than the asking price). Reprofiled camshaft which was refurbed by welding metal onto the lobes then grinding them back, refurbed carbs (rather than the suggested triple webers than the fat git was talking about early on: a snip at $2500), changed the autobox for a 5 speed manual (been there done that it's a pain in the arse (in a MkII Granada, the Datsun was much easier)).

Freecell score: 72%, running average: 85%. Dunno wtf is wrong with me today.

Military Masterminds on PBS.

The Atom and Us: ditto.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 May 2023, 20:08.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Funny coincidence, was singing that Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? song in the car yesterday, turned on the radio, and that song was playing at almost exact same point.

Day to meself today, after book reading yesterday and arty farty thing day before. May get round to doing some decorating if I can be ***ed.

PS Actually, I was singing the xoggoth version, "If you think I'm ugly, and you think I'm smelly..."
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all (local time 0751)

Clear sky and sunny. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 26 expected. No rain forecast.

Arrived late yesterday. Our hotel room is compact and it's a good job HWMBO and I know each other But it's in a good location for all the things we want to do.

Comment

Lunch: bacon cobs

Multiple because the bacon Needed to be Eaten™

My Mum's back in hospital again. They've now worked out she's got an upper respiratory tract infection so they're giving her intravenous antibiotics, but it seems she's not in a good way

Comment

Working...
                      X