• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I do always wonder if we ought to count the 1 rather than the 0.

Comment

Ahh still hate not being able to thank people.

Right off to the post office to post back a router. Better than having a collection of them which at some point I have to take to the tip.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Having a really rubbish day today.

Very grumpy.

One of those days where you seriously consider not taking a contract extension if it's offered.
        Given the current market I'm going to have to be careful come renewal discussions because I want a decent rate increase.

I'm doing a very different job (full on architect rather than lowly dev) to the one I was brought in to do but the market really doesn't look great.

Upside is that the project is probably utterly screwed if I go so will love to see how things play out.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Ahh still hate not being able to thank people.
          That catches me out every other day!

Comment

Tea: roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

That's the last of the gammon out of the freezer. It lasts for ages when I get one of the big joints

Comment

A bit of gardening done in preparation for the inspection, and now TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's car was a Lincoln Continental; no tax and a lapsed MOT since November 2015, but it had passed its 2014 MOT, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had been sold abroad.

And the gold diggers all did quite well; they seemed happy, at any rate

After which I didn't feel like watching telly, so I took to my bed and read Aubrey's Brief Lives

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  A rather restless night’s sleep was ended with the dawn chorus around 5am, now up making bread.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it may cloud over around lunchtime. Currently 7°C with 14° due later, and the barometers are up a bit more at 1016/1024mB

Comment

^^^ OM.

Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue white sky.

Cool in here at 16.1 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, 30.135 in Hg, 765.44 Torr, 14.8011011 psi, (down from 1021.5 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Nick fecking Robinson & Amol fecking Rajen on Today. The perfect pair to go <click>.

Meanwhile on the 1st of June 2019 at the commencement of my retirement there was discussion of The Art of Total Recall (1989) which is apparently some sort of allegory, while "The Enemies Within" was the current book and proving to be "dry". It that was dry I dread to think what that Apollo book is, probably Sahara.

Freecell score: dire.

Freecell score: even more dire.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of rather toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Inspection of the family graves: the strimmers have done their best to remove everything from the parents' grave, whilst the paternal grandparents grave is reasonable after a bit of weeding, however the maternal grandparents' grave is in need of some updation. Can't remember the last time I weeded it but the fecking brambles are taking over, damn them. Since I didn't take gloves they're still mostly in place. The stonework is approaching collapse.

Tea: soup with bread, bramble jelly on slice of toast, some mango slices, a yog (uncornered), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Currently interviewing the coronation nutjobs camping out overnight. WTF?

Wheeler Dealers S12 E1 GTO: the first of the Septic based ones: bought: $25k, total: $28,200, sold (with difficulty): $32k. Changed the radiator, refitted the aircon, uprated water pump, fitted a thermostat, refurbished steering box, refettled the rh exhaust downpipe (yes you can blow holes in it if you're not careful, gas is much easier than mig).

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85%.

St Fagans: rendering the Vulcan pub with lime mortar that contains cork particles, fitting a new gate post (more inneresting than it sounds).

The Bad Skin Clinic: chap with an enormous lump on his face: cyst. Woman with skin lupus: discoid lupus erythematosus: creams & suchlike, but the magic tablets worked wonders. Woman with a birthmark on her head: nevus sebaceous. Chap with "lumps": lipoma: he feels faint. Been there done that. He had a really rare osteolipoma: a lipoma with bone in it.

Oh good, sounds like they're putting the wheelybin out next door.

Dr Pimplepopper: chap with lumps on his head. Woman with dermatitis & eczema induced by the headset she has to work for her job. Woman with melasma
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2023, 21:44.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X