• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Gloomy rainy grey day out

This doesn't bother the pigeons, it seems; there's a group of eight of them placidly enjoying the lawn

Currently 7°C, not getting any higher than 12°, and the barometers have dropped a chunk at 1002/1010mB

It seems the rain might stop before lunchtime and it'll get sunny towards late afternoon, so I'm not making any decision on whether to go shopping or not and, if so, when. TBH I probably don't need anything anyway, but it's a hard habit to break

Comment

Morning all
      TFIF, etc.
      No gardening planned for today as we're off to Cornwall in a few hours for the weekend.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

White sky.

Cool in here at 14.1 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of May 2019 NF took six feet or more of ancient computer mags to the dump, whilst the odometer on the Corolla went through some significant numbers.

2nd one a day hayfever pill consumed.

I do miss that days when hayfever started mid June & finished mid July. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust, marmalade and bramble jelly on 3 slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive Hour: "The Other F Word". Ein Reich etc.

Freecell score: 94%, running average: 85% (85.28%).

A brief expedition out to fill the bird feeders and dead head the daffs has led to a resurgence of the hayfever symptoms, albeit much reduced by the drugs. Just say yes to drugs, though the 2nd one seems more sleep inducing than the first.

Tea: battered haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S11 E8 1957 Ford Thunderbird. bought: $24,500, £16k, total: £25,120, sold: £33k. Changed seals on the powersteering. Rechromed bumpers & grill. Polished it up. Fitted power windows & power seats. Forgot to look at the reg coz I was falling asleep. Gosh. Type A transmission fluid was made out of whales. Fuel sender o/c so new replacement. Still taxed. According to the site it has yet to have its first MOT. .

Coast & Country on ITV Wales. Dinas Bran Castle. Cors Caron otters. Well that was tedious.

1970s clip show BBC1W with that opera singer chap who does the ads.

Diall 999. S1 E10 "Night mail" or how to steal stuff off the night mail.

Red Dwarf: the first 3 million years on Dave.

Britain's Secret Islands on Blaze.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2023, 10:21.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

Gray. Looks like rain.

High of 11 degrees.

Last day for risk of frost as well.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think I've just made 2 posts that will define once and for all the differences (in money) between an inside and outside Ir35 contract.

Yes I have zero interest in the bit of work I'm supposed to be doing
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Big Sainsbury's has been popped to (for certain values of "popped") and the shopping done

I was sole mask wearer again

I was going to go to not-so-big-but-nearer Sainsbury's, but when I got in the car to set off it wouldn't start. The battery and starter motor seemed fine though, so I kept it turning over for what seemed like ages but was probably about thirty seconds, whereupon it fired up as if nothing was wrong. No idea what was going on there

Anyway, I decided the longer drive across town would give it a chance to recharge if that was somehow the problem, or clear any blockages or whatever. It was absolutely fine all the way there, fired up straight away after shopping, and was fine all the way back. All very strange

Comment

The rain has arrived. Just as we're about to start packing and leave.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Amazon app has been saying "You're the next stop" on its little map for about half an hour now. Observing the progress of the dot indicating the van, I suspect what's happened is the bloke did a delivery in the next street, then drove down to the piri-piri chicken shop to get lunch, then parked in a side street round the corner from there to eat it in peace

Comment

Another sunny day although it is starting to cloud over a bit now. High of 16 degrees.

And another busy day, not used to all this work. TFIF.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

take it you mean contract opportunities because you should have no shortage of food and drink options in Glasgow.
                      I did indeed mean contract opportunities

Comment

Working...
                      X