• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If you have Amazon Prime, it's on there
    I do, thank you!

Comment

The Good Doctor has suckered me in.

Make myself not one, but two, Monkey Gland cocktails. I'd forgotten how delicious they are (gin, grenadine, orange juice and a dash of absinthe) so I had to have a second.

Dinner has been very good too. Over ordered as usual to keep me fed over the weekend.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I do, thank you!
          HTH

No car tonight, because the powers that be are of the belief that a Bank Holiday audience really wants to watch a Welsh antiques dealer for as long as possible. Maybe they're right, or maybe there's some aspect to a contract we'll never know about that makes that cheaper for them, capitalism being what it is

But the gold diggers somehow made it through, some of them doing well, some not

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Elvis (2022). I've never been a huge Elvis fan myself, but this taught me a lot of stuff about his background that I wasn't aware of. It naturally labours under the burden of Elvis's face being one of the most instantly recognisable faces in the modern world, but after a while you get used to the star not actually looking identical to him; he's probably closer than most Elvis impersonators, and that does well enough. The film is a bit of a curate's egg, but the parts of it that are excellent are sufficiently excellent to make watching it worthwhile

And then I rewatched The Intern (2015) because I haven't watched it for a while and, as some of you may have noticed, I like it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunny start, dry, some fluff floating about. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 14 forecast. Cloud cover expected to I crease as the progresses. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Assortment of clothes in the WM. The washing line is up and ready to receive once done.

I did initially consider walking to West Ealing and having a look at the weekly farmers' market but now I've put the laundry on, I have to wait until that's finished. It does mean I can have a nice breakfast rather than getting to the market hungry.

Comment

Morning.

Saturday apparently.

Today's dream cum nightmare concerned a visit to an old friend from uni and proved that visitors stink after a couple of days. Very odd.

Dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1022 mBar, 30.179 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (up from 1019 and a bit last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of May 2019 I was busy spending money (about £1k) on bits of electronics* that will reside in a cardboard box untouched until I pop my clogs, while NF was rescuing spiders from his bath and enjoying chipolatas in a bun.

*Well it seemed like an ok idea at the time, pointless though it has transpired so to be, however, looking on the bright side, much of it now resides in little plastic drawers in a case as I recreate my work office in the junk room.

Today's Wheeler Dealering offerings appear to be purely Porsche themed, from very early to very late. Never been my favourite so meh.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine though I didn't find it as warm as the weather forecast suggests.

Lunch: Morrisons leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Now Show. The one o'clock news.

Freecell score in the ennui of retirement on a tedious Easter Saturday: 86%, running average: 85%.

Tea: the first portion of yesterday's bol with spag, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Saturday PM. Toast: the thing about techno duds: Google Glass.

I've decided to donate a copy of Cervantes don Quixote to Oxfam on the principle that I'll never read the fecking thing so give some other poor sod the opportunity.

Also a paperback copy of "Most Secret War" by Prof. R. V. Jones which is redundant since I also have a hardback copy with print I can actually see to read in the event that I wish to refresh my memory thereof.

There's an awful lot of books about Bletchley Park, Enigma, and Colossus. I suspect some of those are on their way too.

Not to mention an assortment of ST books by Shatner et al.

Today's tipple was a glass of Penderyn, an opened bottle of some antiquity which proved to have a decayed cork which required much effort to extract and the subsequent use of the tea strainer to avoid the bits that fell into the whisky. It tasted ok & will be gone in a week.

Entertainment: That's 60s: all the tunes you've forgotten about: about the only decent one was The Byrds: Mr Tambourine Man. I mute all the soul ones.

Freecell score: don't fecking ask.

Entertainment: Quest: Conspiracies decoded: Skeleton found on Gardner Island: Amelia Earhart: no DNA match.

$500M for a "Da Vinci" painting: Salvator Mundi.

The Franklin Expedition 1845 in search of the Northwest Passage. Yum.

Ancient murder: two blows to the skull.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 April 2023, 22:33.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Mostly sunny out with generous sprinklings of white fluffiness . Currently 12° and reaching 14° in a bit, and the barometers are up at 1014/1022mB

Comment

A walk was walked to WEaling and back. The farmers' market was underwhelming. Espied many decent fruit and veg shops though; the South Asian diaspora in that area having higher standards and liking a wider variety than the average whitey up my way.

On my return, I reheated some of yesterday's takeaway and, thus fortified, commenced "gardening". One side of the back garden is relatively tidy so that didn't take long. The other side has been taken over by bamboo and wisteria and after an hour of wrestling with that, I am taking a break.

There is a little water feature in one corner that I'd love to get working (landlady has agreed I can) so I need to find someone to take a look, clean it out and fix it up. That will also mean getting the exterior electrics working which will make mowing and running the spit on the BBQ much simpler.

Comment

commenced "gardening"
                    Yeh. I'm doing that xoggoth style. Looking out the window at it and saying to meself, must get round to that next week.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch: a nice big fry-up

Comment

Working...
                      X