• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: ribs and chips

Despite my best efforts, I still have shedloads of Christmas chocolate about the place, and I've eaten so much of it over the last week that I've triggered "don't fancy any chocolate" mode

Ah well, it'll keep

Comment

No car today, as they'd chosen instead to repeat a load of gold digging stuff

But then: NEW opal hunters! They all seemed to do well enough to be happy. And that was followed by S1E1 of the sapphire hunters, which I hadn't seen before but may well be a repeat. It seems the sapphire ones only started last year though, so I probably haven't seen most of them. I like the idea of the sapphire people going through their rocks and casting a big bit aside on the waste heap, muttering "Bloody opal"

Anyway, after all that excitement, I'm getting an early night so I can continue with bookcase operations tomorrow, which once complete will mean I can get my office in good enough order that I can actually work in it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp and overcast. No active precipitation at present but it's a-coming. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Back to work. It would seem the PM is now back on the project so I can slip back into obscurity again.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wet. Very Wet. Very Very Wet Wet Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 769.06 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1017 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of April 2019 I was baffled by quiz questions in ancient copies of Wireless World which proved how little I understand of electronics, the T6 bus refused to stop at the bus stop, while NF was awaiting the arrival of the binmen so he could bring the bins back in (which is something we'll miss from now on).

Freecell score in the morning's deluge: 60%, running average 85%. It was 80% at one point but lunch was calling.

Lunch: baked potato (large, last of the wonky) with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about dry January whatever that is, it's certainly not fecking dry around here at the moment.

TWAO.

The voltmeter/ammeter/trip thingie put together & tested. It didn't electrocute me. So far.

Tea: battered haddock, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S16 E5 1979 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade Levi edition. Can't remember this one. Watched it the 5th of July last. . Bought: $7k, Total: $15,698, Sold: $20k. Still don't remember watching it before. Especially not the truly fatuous desert trip at the end. .

Thing about phosphates in Welsh rivers, specifically in general, the Wye. From chicken farms & muck spreading apparently.

FBI S2 E7 "Undisclosed". The Theranos one. .

FBI S2 E8 "Codename: Ferdinand". The Russian spy one.

A minute of The Terminator, the bit where the tanker explodes & Arnie burns.

The final 15 minutes of Ep 4 of Tinker Tailor.

The Repair Shoppe. leather belt. Guitar. What the butler saw machine.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 January 2023, 23:33.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out and looks like there's been some rain earlier or overnight. Currently 8°C with 12° promised for later. Only a very slight, slow shimmy on the conifers so not very breezy, though that might change later, along with the return of the rain. The barometers are nominally up by one at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Meanwhile on the 5th of April 2019 I was baffled by quiz questions in ancient copies of Wireless World which proved how little I understand of electronics, the T6 bus refused to stop at the bus stop, while NF was awaiting the arrival of the binmen so he could bring the bins back in (which is something we'll miss from now on).
              I believe today is bin day in this neck of the woods, and I should have a panoramic view of much of the spectacle from up here. More as we get it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I believe today is bin day in this neck of the woods, and I should have a panoramic view of much of the spectacle from up here. More as we get it
                Or maybe not. Bin activity is happening but it's all out on the road so I can't see any of it. The bin corral is right at the back of the place, as far from the road as you can get, so I still have no idea if or how our bins got out there, nor how they'll get back

Maybe there's one bloke from one of the other flats who put them out and brought them back in years ago because nobody else did and he was fed up with them being full, and he's still stuck doing it and nobody ever questions why

Comment

Someone put my bin out for me while I was up in weegieland. I had put the food waste bin out before I went but hadn't bothered with the recycling as it wasn't full and would be fine. When I got home on Sunday the bin was at the edge of my driveway, empty. I guess the bin men did it which was very much above and beyond what they normally do.

This week bin day is on Thursday and from next week it reverts back to Tuesday.

Comment

The second pass of the bins took place, again without me being able to see more than the occasional flash of hi-vis orange and the tail lights of the bin wagon through small gaps in the foliage. Looking on Street View, it seems that there's a secret path (secret in the sense that I wasn't aware of it) behind the block opposite, and the bins are taken down that then, presumably, taken back again later. As to who does the taking, that remains a mystery; but I assume it's covered by the management charge. So in a sense, I now have a servant who does the bins for me

Comment

First day back and I'm supposed to have a meeting with the consultancy resource working on 1 of the big things we need to do this quarter.

Since I went on holiday on December 14th said resource has completely disappeared and no-one knows what is happening.

This wouldn't be a problem if the work didn't look destined for me to deal with so
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X