• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been feeling a bit the last few days - think it’s the flu jab causing me to have raging indigestion and bad headaches. The indigestion is improving with Omeprazole, but now I’ve got the added joy of not being able to keep food in me for more than a couple of hours .

Anyway. TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's motion picture premiere was Silk Road (2021), based on the true story of the eponymous dark web marketplace. The story's been embroidered a fair bit, but it's quite entertaining

And then a rewatch of The Day After Tomorrow (2004) just because

Raining a lot here now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

No current precipitation after last night's deluge.

Chillier in here at 12.5 deg. 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1006.5 mBar, 29.72 in Hg, 745.93 Torr, 14.598 psi, (up from 1005.5 last night), 77% RH.

Sunday.

Back on 2nd March 2019 NF was investigating nginx whatever that is, whilst I watched "Run Silent, Run Deep", but BR14 preferred "Das Boot".

Walk (much abbreviated) walked in sunshine, increasingly replaced by grey gloom, replaced in turn by drizzle, ultimately remplaced by torrential with added murrain of beasts.

DID is some sports person so it went <click> due to lack of any possible innerest.

Instead of which there was episode 5 of the thing about nuclear test veterans and the perfidy of government & the MOD.

Lunch: baked potato (wonky version: takes longer to cook than the whites version) with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of not so toasted as yesterday toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Looks like the rain has departed for a while & there's hint of sunshine.

Entertainment: The Coming Storm. More joy. The Hunter Biden laptop.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

Tea: the first portion of chilli con carne with rice, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some guff about that football thing in the Gulf. More guff about some Welsh footballer.

Possibly Find it fix it drive it, though that's probably a bit too irritating. It was.

Motorway Patrol NZ:S3 E9 & 10. Made in 2001. Strewth. There's a chap driving an Allegro in NZ, poor bastard, and, from the sound of it, he's a Septic.

Ghosts US. Mildly amusing. I think "Thor" was a naughty person in The Rookie the other week.

River Hunters nonsense. River Nid. The White Battle. some northern Castle. Scots invasion in the 1330s. Lead curse. Fishing weights. More fishing weights. Lead shot. Pistol ball. Charles II coin. Other coin. Lead thingie, possible game token.

Repair Shoppe bollox. Investiture Chair from the Prince Charles thing back in the day, a Phantom MkII pneumatic powered car. RNLI collection box:

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2020...rought-to-life
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 November 2022, 23:00.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, blue sky, wispy fluff. There was a deluge this morning which woke me up shortly before 7am but no further rain forecast until early evening when there may be a light shower. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Still snotty. Having my last lemsip for breakfast.

I have stripped the bed and left it to air. I know I will regret this later but it needs doing. Spotted a tear in the fitted sheet. It's over 10 years old so it's lasted well. Stitched it up so I ought to get a bit longer out of it.

Now awaiting Waitrose, who are due by 11 am. Need to decide if I'm going to visit my Mum today.

Comment

Waitrose delivered. Some odd substitutions that weren't on the receipt but not worthy of complaint. Actually one might prove very useful!

Delivery driver was very innerested in my old 350z and said he'd love to buy it, left his number just in case.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, though it's expected to cloud over a bit and maybe even turn rainy for a while later on. Currently 10°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers have dropped back down a bit at 998/1006mB

Comment

No walk with loony lady 3 yesterday and can't do jazz club tonight with ll3 due to damn C thing. Plus side is getting some boring DIY done which I usually mananaise.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Opted not to visit Mum as I really don't feel up to the drive.

I did pop out to buy weedkiller and lemsip. Pleasant in the sunshine, the light breeze is a bit chilly.

Comment

Raining.

Towel wash on. Bed linen can wait until tomorrow.

Contemplating buying a tumble dryer but don't know where to put it.

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage and bacon baguette (red sauce)

It's clouded over and started raining here now

Comment

Working...
                      X