• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Morning all

EHAM 080655Z 19008KT 9999 -RA FEW008 BKN042 16/15 Q1007 NOSIG

-RA light rain here in Amsterdam

quizzes not done yet as I’m going to be sat in the lounge for the next four hours.
    Oh hope you grabbed my preferred spot - one of the tables as you walk up the mound towards the upstairs bar
    Last edited by eek; 8 September 2022, 09:35.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Currently sunny but lots of cloud about, some of it decidedly grey looking. 17 degrees at present with a high of 19 expected. Thunderstorms / rain forecast off and on throughout the day. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

Off-kilter this morning as the coffee machine decided it needed descaling this morning. That's a good 30 minute process and just about got it done, morning phone call to my Mum and then finally sat with a coffee in time for the morning stand-up.

Now having a couple of toasted and buttered crumpets.

Comment

Lunch was a couple of bits of cooked Southern not-fried chicken that past me remembered to take out of the freezer yesterday

Raining a lot this afternoon

Got another viewing on Monday. This place is at the absolute limit of affordability for me, but it's the bee's knees

Comment

Popped down to Sainsbury's for a few bits after the rain stopped, so that's that sorted out

As I was setting off, but still on private land, the phone played the BBC newsflash tune. So I paused to check what it was and sure enough, the Queen was dead

Sainsbury's wasn't very busy, maybe because all the people who stop off there after work were heading straight home to get no additional news of any value from the telly

Suppose I'd better check Teams and see if we're supposed to put a black border on the websites or anything

Comment

Now the Great! Xmas channel is back on Freesat. It is early September in't it?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Now the Great! Xmas channel is back on Freesat. It is early September in't it?
              It's in honour of the new King. Probably.

Comment

Tea: peppery Cumberland sausages with chips and beans

Nice moon outside again

Comment

There'll be a police cordon in Whitehall from 6:30 tomorrow morning meaning it might be difficult to get to the office, apparently. Good job I never go there

I'm not sure why it would be a problem TBH - you can get to the Old Admiralty Building directly from Trafalgar Square without going into Whitehall at all. Maybe it's a warning to people who use the Horseguard's Parade entrance, though you'd expect them to have enough nous to go around to the other end

Comment

The car earlier was a DeSoto Firedome, though I missed a fair chunk of it due to shopping, putting shopping away, and so on.

Then later, an old episode of Lincolnshire Police Interceptors

Oh, and in between, I flipped over to BBC1 for a bit. But there wasn't anything on except a news programme with nothing new in it

Early night now in case I need to stick black mourning banners on the several ClientGov websites I'm responsible for in the morning. At least they haven't tried to hassle me over it this evening; but one of the other devs was off sick today, and the other is on leave tomorrow, so it might be down to me to deal with them all

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X