• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly tonight has been the usual cop shenanigans whilst eating. And then a new episode of The Repair Shop, S9E1

Early night now as it's Antipodean Zoom in the morning, and the timezones are against us so it's at 8:30

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like it'll start out sunny today, now the sun has risen, for the skies seem to be clear

It'll cloud over by lunchtime though. Currently 9°C with 12° expected, and the barometers are down a little at 1000/1008mB

Zoom call starts in a couple of minutes

Comment

Morning all
        hints of blue sky and currently not raining.

fact of the day: yesterday was the warmest day of the year.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Zoom call done

Definitely sunny out now

I'm feeling rather peckish, so I need to decide what to have for breakfast

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warm at 15.8 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 69% RH.

Sunday.

Unusually enough, the recycling & waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road this morning.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom: it got greyer as time went on, though there were hints of blue in the sky.

That was then; since noon it's been pissing down & not taking prisoners.

Entertainment in the increasingly gloomy gloom: more UFO nonsense with Nick Pope: The Truth Is Out There apparently. On the bright side it hasn't got that fecking irritating narrator who waffles on about Ancient Alien Researchers every 23.7 seconds with that curiously irritating voice he uses.

Enlivened by the rain becoming heavy enough for the satellite signal to drop low enough for the SD & the HD receivers to break up.

Lunch: roast chicken & cumberland sausage, a yellow corner yog, a mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Then on to "Talking Pictures: Michael Caine" on BBC2 prior to "The Ipcress File".

Freecell score (other box): 88%, running average 84%.

Sorted out some more capacitors of unknown origin, now being able to read the dots & bands on same. There seemed to be a remarkable number of very low value (<10pF) ones left to sort, so I sorted them. I think there were some 0.5pF capacitors but I don't have anything that'll reliably measure them, or, come to that, anything to use them in in the first place: returned to the generic "WTF are these?" bag.

Tea: Heinz potato & leek soup, a bramble jelly sandwich, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: half of "Weatherman Walking", this showing Portmeirion & The Village. No number 6 though Rover was present.

More UFO (or UAP) bollox on Blaze.

Roswell S1 E13 "Crazy" wherein Tess makes an appearance and Ms Topolsky makes her final appearance.

Roswell S1 E14 "Tess, Lies & Videotape" wherein the circles in the spirals are more evident.

Roswell S1 E15 "Four Square" wherein origins are revealed.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2022, 23:55.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Breakfast turned out to be a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast followed by a few cold pigs in blankets

Should tide me over for a while

Comment

Morning all

Dull but dry. There's a snifter of blue sky between the cloud. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast early afternoon. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Breakfast was the last two sausage rolls I made the other day.

Invoice issued for December. I should have done it yesterday but I still dated it 1 January

Comment

Feeling knackered today

I put it down to having woken up multiple times during the night wondering if it was time to get up for the Zoom call yet

Comment

There's been some quite heavy rain but it didn't last, and now there's a bright red sunset

Comment

Loony lady 2 not well today so another day with just me little puppet parrot. Tested negative for the thing fortunately.

PS Loony lady 2 that is, not me puppet parrot. Not tested him, maybe I should, his squawk sounds a bit odd.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X