• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all (it's 0625 here)

Hazy sunshine as I look out over the beach to sea. It's 27 degrees ('feels like' 31) with a high of 31 later. Some light showers expected.

Not sure what fresh level of hell awaits us today as we complete our state mandated quarantine with only a private chef and bartender on hand to cater to our every whim.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Soap rationing ends in Britian 1950

Comment

Morning all

10 years with the same boss wife today.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Soap rationing ends in Britian 1950
        Judging by the pong, it's still in force for some.

Games programmer students Specifically in General.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's been a busy lunchtime. Firstly: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It was 23°C and sunny during that, but it's clouding over now and will, it is foretold, cool down a bit.

On the way out I checked the recycling bin in case it needed trundling… and it was completely empty. I'll check later in case somebody dumps stuff at the last minute, but otherwise I'm not even going to bother taking mine down, as I can fit a bit more in

And upon returning, I had lunch: a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Suppose I'd better get on with some work soon. I'm back doing a little bit of Django as part of the process of creating links to the QuickSight stuff, which makes a nice change; I'm a bit bored of SQL and graphs now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all

10 years with the same boss wife today.
            amateur - 20 years plus, still haven't got her properly trained.

Congrats - enjoy!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

amateur - 20 years plus, still haven't got her properly trained.

Congrats - enjoy!
              Ten years = tin/aluminium.
              As a present she got a roll of bacofoil
              Oh, and a Clos19 Veuve singpost tin
              And a Stihl ladies chainsaw GTA 26
              And two new clothes line poles.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Ten years = tin/aluminium.
                As a present she got a roll of bacofoil
                Oh, and a Clos19 Veuve singpost tin
                And a Stihl ladies chainsaw GTA 26
                And two new clothes line poles.
                oh WTFH you do spoil me!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Breakfast was salt fish souse and a big plate of various fruits washed down with guava juice (and coffee).

Lunchtime here in Grenada. All the menus are online so we can plan in advance what we fancy eating.

Then we're going to go for a dip in the pool. It's one of those infinity ones and it's 100m long. Not having swum for years, I'm going to see if I can do a full length and if I can't then I'm going to aim to get a full length done by the end of our week here.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Suppose I'd better get on with some work soon. I'm back doing a little bit of Django as part of the process of creating links to the QuickSight stuff, which makes a nice change; I'm a bit bored of SQL and graphs now
                    Well, that was a waste of time. Turns out that QuickSight lets you pass values for parameters in the URL, but doesn't url-decode them. So if they have any exotic characters like / in them, those characters instead appear as, in /'s case, %2F. And that means the link back to the page you just came from that I was trying to implement won't work, because it'll be mangled into something like https%3Aexample.com%2Fsome%2Fpath

Still, at least I now know how to construct a fully-qualified URL to the page you're already on in Django

Onwards to something more interesting tomorrow, but it's annoying to have wasted a whole day on something and be let down by some idiot at Amazon who couldn't be bothered to call a single function

Comment

Took the Corolla out for a spin. As it's only been a week I had hopes it would be able to start OK. But although it unlocked properly, there wasn't quite enough juice left in the battery for that, so I had to use the little power pack

Then it was off to the motorway junction where, just for a change, I headed down the M1 to J20, which I believe is the second-longest distance between junctions on the motorway network. Traffic wasn't too bad southbound, a bit busier northwards. Let's see how long the resultant charge keeps the car going; as it wasn't as fully discharged, I'm hoping it's pushed the curve a little higher

And then, not Sainsbury's as I definitely didn't need a big shop, but M&S. Stocked up on the sausages I like in finger rolls for lunch, along with a few other bits. That's starvation held at bay for a bit longer

Better start thinking about what to have for tea now… something easy, I reckon. And I must get the Scotch broth going in the slow cooker overnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X