• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The sky went very gloomy earlier. Apparently this was a massive storm developing about ten or fifteen miles away to the southeast, which then moved rapidly in the opposite direction to here, causing chaos with torrential rain and that. Meanwhile, here, it merely brightened up again as it moved away
    A perilous time for Crouch Recovery HQ over at Kibworth, it seems: England heatwave: Giant hail in Leicestershire damages cars - BBC News

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and some high level wispy stuff. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 29 later. The previously forecast thunderstorms have been cancelled and it's unlikely to rain at all today. Barometer up a touch to 1022 mBar.

HMWBO and his kinder are in Cardiff at present, visiting family, apparently it's a bit warm there too.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Prince Philippe is crowned the new King of Belgium following the emotional abdication of his father 2013

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Hot in here at 24.5 deg before we even start.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 69% RH (down a little but still much like a gorilla's armpit).

Wednesday by reports.

Must be acclimating since sleep seemed quite reasonable.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (nonblue), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Lancia Delta Integrale Evo2: not a happy ep.

Some Engineering Disasters that I've watched before.

Trucking Hell: S3 E3: No Rory.

Tea: the remainder of the roast beef with carrots & onions, some tinned fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Christopher Plummer: not stunningly gripping, other than his role as Chang and one or two others I'd watched & forgotten about.

Dr Pimplepopper (repeat) S1 E7, the one with the woman with a spinal deformity that was previously treated as a lipoma.

Possibly The Toe Bro, though this is a bit graphic even for me.

You wouldn't believe the way ingrowing toenails are treated.

Just watched the ISS pass overhead, quite remarkable that it's visible at this time of day.

Current temperature: 26.2 deg in here at 22:12.

Toe Bro: pressure sore in diabetic neuropathy: big holeon ball of foot.

1 year old with a "wart" on its foot: turned out to be a splinter of glass.

The ingrowing toenails are gross.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 July 2021, 21:45.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          My Day 8 test result has just come in. The final one needed to keep the stazi off my case.

Negative, of course.
          Nah Nah LM doesn't have the lurgi!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm sure they'll do a great job. It's probably best you can't hear / see them.
            indeed both ways!

just trust them they will surprise you.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

A perilous time for Crouch Recovery HQ over at Kibworth, it seems: England heatwave: Giant hail in Leicestershire damages cars - BBC News
              I especially like the use of a shatter proof ruler to measure the hailstones that shattered car windows

Comment

Lunch: ham, pea and lentil soup with a bit each of multiseed and wholemeal bread

Up to 26°C here now, outside and in

Comment

Lunch was a salad but I'm still hungry so some form of snack will be sourced soon.

It's 29 out and 23 in.

Comment

Temperature 26.6 °C
                    Relative humidity 50%
                    Pressure 983 hPa

Today is out 31st wedding anniversary. My wife is supposed to have 4 weeks off in July, but for various reasons hasn't been able to do that this year, so she's at work now. I spent the day clearing the wood (broken up pallets) out of the garage, then to France for caviar. They didn't have any, but they did have andouillette and other goodies, so I got some of that including Breton cider. And then drove to this Russian shop I know in Germany, and got the caviar there - the Russian lady who assisted me very kind, guiding me to what she thought was the best stuff - at least, she said, it's what she eats on special occasions. On the way home I bought champagne.

The meal this evening will be:
                    Caviar (two kinds)
                    French bread
                    Cucumber
                    Russian smoked cheese
                    Paté de Campagne
                    Duck liver paté.
                    Champagne.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Temperature 26.6 °C
                      Relative humidity 50%
                      Pressure 983 hPa

Today is out 31st wedding anniversary. My wife is supposed to have 4 weeks off in July, but for various reasons hasn't been able to do that this year, so she's at work now. I spent the day clearing the wood (broken up pallets) out of the garage, then to France for caviar. They didn't have any, but they did have andouillette and other goodies, so I got some of that including Breton cider. And then drove to this Russian shop I know in Germany, and got the caviar there - the Russian lady who assisted me very kind, guiding me to what she thought was the best stuff - at least, she said, it's what she eats on special occasions. On the way home I bought champagne.

The meal this evening will be:
                      Caviar (two kinds)
                      French bread
                      Cucumber
                      Russian smoked cheese
                      Paté de Campagne
                      Duck liver paté.
                      Champagne.

Happy anniversary!

Comment

Working...
                      X