• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This chap on YouTube is not a fan of jar sauces; his little videos are rather entertaining. There's something about swearing with an aussie accent that always makes me smile.
    He may have a point, but I quite like Patak's sauces, I'm not that keen on really hot curries, and all that prep looked like a lot more trouble than I wanted to go to last night when I realised at nine in the evening that I needed to stop working and make some dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      He may have a point, but I quite like Patak's sauces, I'm not that keen on really hot curries, and all that prep looked like a lot more trouble than I wanted to go to last night when I realised at nine in the evening that I needed to stop working and make some dinner
      You could start making sauces up in advance for the freezer and just add meat as and when you fancy it
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        You could start making sauces up in advance for the freezer and just add meat as and when you fancy it
        Or I could carry on making chicken curries with the sauces and freezing them

Also, it works out cheaper (at least the way I do it) to buy enough chicken to make several portions at once, and I'm wary of thawing and reheating the sauce to add to the meat, then freezing it all again after it's cooled down

I could do the whole thing from scratch if I planned ahead, but I don't. Yesterday's dinner came about because the boneless skinless chicken thighs, used only for curries, were on top when I grabbed something out of the freezer to thaw overnight. Then, as mentioned, I realised it was 9pm and I had to stop working and get cooking. Even if I'd remembered to buy all those ingredients, they probably would have gone off by the time I'd remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer

Comment

Those jar sauces are very handy if you've left it a bit late, that's very true. I don't have a stash of basil and pine nuts to hand just in case I want to have a pasta and pesto dinner, for example. But, if I've thought about it, I will go out and buy those things to occasionally make it properly.

Comment

Lunch is going to be Waitrose chunky cod fish fingers in pitta bread.

<face stuffing hiatus>

With salad cream! I keep forgetting how nice that stuff is.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 11 June 2020, 11:28.

Comment

White sky & windy out there.

Not exactly "warm".

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 83% (83.08%).

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with two kinds of Hovis bread, bramble jelly sandwich on one sort of bread, corner yog thing (purple & pippy), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last of the zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup for lunch, with the usual assortment of bread

I'm hoping Sainsbury's will have a Big Chicken when I go there, as I want to make a fresh batch of soup. If not, I'll have to get a more mundane chicken and hope for the best

But I've decided not to go today. Apparently it will still be raining tomorrow, so I'm going to try getting soaked in the morning when there's a better chance of stock levels still being fairly high.

Comment

My calendar app keeps giving me reminders for my dental checkup appointment at 2pm this afternoon that was cancelled some time ago. Should turn them off I suppose, but there's a nostalgic feel to them

Comment

My dentist has reopened. I need call at some point and rebook the hygienist appointment that was cancelled. I'll give it a few weeks, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      My dentist has reopened. I need call at some point and rebook the hygienist appointment that was cancelled. I'll give it a few weeks, I think.
                      I suspect it'll be some time before routine appointments are rescheduled, as they'll have a backlog of patients who were in the middle of a course of treatment and so on, not to mention ones with stuff that developed during lockdown. But I must give them a call some time to find out, I suppose. Maybe they're twiddling their thumbs round there, assuming they've started up again

Comment

Working...
                      X