• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The 10,000 steps things has no basis in science anyway - it was made up in 1964 by Japanese marketers as a cool-sounding (in Japanese) name for a pedometer they were flogging as a tie-in with the Tokyo Olympics that year

Michael Mosley: 'Forget walking 10,000 steps a day' - BBC News
    Wow - you are a veritable fount of useless knowledge!

(Meant in the most positive way possible - I consider that to be a compliment).

Comment

And with that, TFBSZ.

Comment

Likewise - TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Wow - you are a veritable fount of useless knowledge!

(Meant in the most positive way possible - I consider that to be a compliment).
          I’ve spent far too much time on the Internet

Comment

I’ve spent far too much time on the Internet
            Have you reached the end yet?

Entertainment (continued): "The Driver (1978)" on Talking Pictures.

Many years since I saw that last.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 May 2020, 23:02.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Have you reached the end yet?
              Working on it

My right ear canal has been much improved today, but still causing the occasional slight bit of feedback in the hearing aid. So I gave it a rest from the telly and continued reading No One Would Listen. He’s good at explaining the intricacies of the financial stuff and the processes by which they gradually worked out more and more details of Madoff’s fraud, but I do wonder if (as some critics said) he was overly paranoid in his belief that Madoff - or, more likely, organised crime groups and cartels that had placed money with Madoff’s fund - would be out to get him for doing so. Still, it’s an interesting enough read

99%, 59bpm

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

White sky.

Sunless.

Wednesday.

The white sky is especially arranged so the ISS and associated launch this evening will be invisible, as is only right & proper.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The 10,000 steps things has no basis in science anyway - it was made up in 1964 by Japanese marketers as a cool-sounding (in Japanese) name for a pedometer they were flogging as a tie-in with the Tokyo Olympics that year

Michael Mosley: 'Forget walking 10,000 steps a day' - BBC News
                  I had heard that (and probably saw the MM show where he covered it) but I'd also heard a competing argument for the source of the made up number.

Of course, I can't find it now. I'll have a rummage about 'tinternet later.

I like 10k as I know its achievable for me, if I organise myself.

Comment

Lovely sunny morning. 18 degrees already.

First coffee done.

May do some toast as I picked up a nice loaf in Whole Foods yesterday. My starter should be ready for use at the weekend.

Discovered/Realised, rather belatedly, that the warmest spot in my flat is by the air vent of my office PC. Duh.

Comment

Morning all
                      CBS, hot etc.

Dog walked, electric meter read (Outfox the Market, if you're interested in cheap, clean fuel)
                      Now trying to remember when my first meeting starts...
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X