• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down to my last 4 pack of bogroll .

Must PM MF.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Lunch: a corned beef bap (white) and a bag of plain crisps. Sometimes the old ways are the best

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        With more people at home (and all the waste from hoarding) I guess there will be more domestic waste that would usually be spread about offices and that rarest of beasts - the public bin on the street.
        I read a thing arguing that this was also a factor in the toilet roll shortage - more being used in the home, so people need to buy more. Apparently the toilet paper manufacturers that supply businesses generally don’t have access to the supply chains that would allow them to flog it in supermarkets instead, and the product itself is also usually of a lesser quality than consumers want at home.

I would guess this means that when everybody can go back to work there’ll be another shortage, as the manufacturers that supply businesses will all have closed down either temporarily or permanently, and every business in the land will be sending junior staff out to raid the supermarkets for an interim supply

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Down to my last 4 pack of bogroll .

Must PM MF.
          Aldi had some yesterday (bought it for the M-i-L).

Mind you the local Aldi is a flagship store as their Northern head office is at the rear of the industrial park on the other side of the main road.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            ...bring Fava beans & Chianti.
            FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch was egg and chips.

Cheated on the chips. Bought a box of M&S frites the other day and oven baked them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Bins all emptied. At last.

They only did about half the black bins down our street first time. Bin lorry full. They had to empty it and return....
                Bins done here too

But while the recycling people had brought the bins back in, as they’re supposed to, the black bin people had left them out there, double-ranked, where they were blocking most of the pavement - which is why they’re supposed to bring them back in

I’m damned if I’m bringing in the bins for the entire terrace, but I don’t like to leave the pavement badly blocked because of wheelchairs and doddery old people and blind people and pushchairs and whatever else, so I brought in six of them, leaving the remaining ten or twelve out there in single file, which leaves enough space for everybody to get past.

But no good deed goes unpunished, and just as I deposited the last of the six, a Muslim lady from up the road appeared. Failing to maintain social distancing, she chatted a bit about what a pain it had been with the bins not being emptied for a couple of weeks, then started inspecting the ones I’d brought in looking for the correct house number. The only one with the correct markings turned out to be the one that lacks a lid, which for some reason was unsatisfactory to her. I was tempted to point out that the rest were outside and she was free to go and pick and choose at her leisure, but she appeared to be fairly heavily pregnant, so I traipsed outside once more and brought the desired bin back in for her.

Apparently she was OK with trundling it the rest of the way to her yard, so maybe she just didn’t want to go out to the street because she was in a long dressing gown and slippers

Anyway, that’s the bin shenanigans sorted for this week, and if nothing else it gave the long, widely-spaced queue for Iceland something to watch while they waited

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Aldi had some yesterday (bought it for the M-i-L).

Mind you the local Aldi is a flagship store as their Northern head office is at the rear of the industrial park on the other side of the main road.
                  Cheers Eek.

In reality our Aldi was absolutely heaving with the stuff yesterday, but I knew we still had 4 left.

I totally never got the bog roll thing myself, would have just used the "Indian method", as I/we have had to when somewhere really remote, no running water etc.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Lunch - Fish, Chips, Beans, no bread
                    Married

Comment

My last meeting of the day has been cancelled.

Now that I've talked a good game all week, I need to think about delivering some of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X