• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

WFH and it's CBS out there. Still a touch nippy being March.

Mrs CB is exercising her lungs shouting at CovKid 1, who seems to have scribbled on every sheet of a pack of white card.

Comment

LM - upside down cake gets my vote, unless you do happen to have a two tonne press around for NLUK's idea...

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, and already up to 11°C

There’s a pigeon cooing from somewhere just outside. Need to watch them now the windows open again; a partly-open sash, high up with a wide flat ledge outside, seems to remind them of gaps in cliffs or wherever it was that their ancestors lived. I’ve caught them cautiously stepping inside for a look round several times before now, and one once spent an entire Sunday morning in the corner of the living room, as I dozed in the bedroom occasionally waking enough to think “They’re louder than usual today”

Comment

We're running out of milk so I'm off on an "I am Legend" type drive for provisions.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Definitely NOT putting it on a pizza.
            Don't rule that out entirely. For the first time in years I made a Hawaiian pizza last month with some proper-sized chunks of fresh pineapple. Big enough chunks and a hot enough oven means they caramelise nicely but retain their juiciness. Using pieces of the previous gammon roast also helped to elevate it. Will definitely be doing that again. It's a different planet from those you might get from a pizza chain.

Of course, this assumes that you have or can acquire some flour.

Comment

Morning all

Weather - CBS 10 degrees

Breakfast - Bran/Corn Flakes combo, OJ, Toast, Coffee

Lunch - Pasta Carbonara

TP Count - 30 (+16 for sis-in-law)

Covid19 Status - OK

Zombies - 0

Tesco Delivery Vans - 0

DPD Delivery Vans - 1

CovIdiots (no relation to covbob) - 2

MrsAG - grumpy, that means steer clear, bit tricky in a 2 bed flat/apartment, WM has a towel wash
              Married

Comment

Apparently the tip’s closed

No point trying to tidy up then…

Comment

Lidl - long queue, spaced well. Avoided.
                  Tesco Express - straight in, bread on the shelves, in and out easily.

Seems like the smaller shops are better places to get stuff from in general.

Fingers crossed it will kickstart a cashless society and everyone has to declare their income properly. The more that pay their share, the lower tax will become for all.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Apparently the tip’s closed

No point trying to tidy up then…
                    My parents mentioned when I called them yesterday that their local one had shut from Monday. Luckily their neighbour is working on some road building project and took their bags of hedge and grass cuttings to "chuck in a big hole they've got".

Note to self: find out what road is being built and don't go on it - likely to subside once all the clippings rot away

Comment

Lovely morning out there, I may even get the Cobra out later (not a euphemism you dirty minds!) and cut the grass.

19 game winning streak on the Chess. A new record.

We'll get through this.

Edit: still no flour delivery.

qh
                      Last edited by quackhandle; 25 March 2020, 13:29.
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X