• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick - maybe you could do a MLFT(Self Isolating)B on how to get an Italian VPN.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Nick - maybe you could do a MLFT(Self Isolating)B on how to get an Italian VPN.
      None of the usual cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) seem to have locations in Italy, so I wouldn’t know where to start. I used GitHub - trailofbits/algo: Set up a personal VPN in the cloud to set up an AWS EC2 server over in Virginia to get past GDPR blockers, which is about the limit of my VPN expertise

Comment

Morning all.

Resignation tendered. Suddenly I feel a lot better.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

Today's shopping expedition: two bottles of courvoisier since it was better value than the Southern Comfort.

It's antiseptic, see.

Two tubes of ibuprofen gel for The Leg.

A jar of Heinz sandwich spread for no detectable reason whatsoever other than seeing it on the shelf.

A cauliflower, mostly because I like cauliflower.

10 dvds donated to charity emporium on the stagger down (first stagger down in weeks).

I may buy some frozen peas on the way home.

The computer room is relatively empty apart from the old farts like me, and the chap teaching Universal Benefit claimants how to use a PC.

To get an "@" symbol, you press the "shift" key, and while it's still pressed down, you press the key with the "@" symbol on it
          It seems a loooooong time* since I had the mistaken impression that the " symbol on the ASR33 was the same as '', which it most certainly isn't and the FORTRAN compiler told me so in no uncertain terms.

*Largely because it's 48 years ago now.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            None of the usual cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) seem to have locations in Italy, so I wouldn’t know where to start. I used GitHub - trailofbits/algo: Set up a personal VPN in the cloud to set up an AWS EC2 server over in Virginia to get past GDPR blockers, which is about the limit of my VPN expertise
            I didn't understand any of that.

Is there still a demand for paper tape?

Just asking, like.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Sunny start out, as the high cloud in the east is driven out by scenic white fluffiness from the west

Still only around 8°C though.

I awoke to a text from the GP’s surgery saying we can no longer make appointments at the reception desk - everything has to be done by phone. Makes me wonder why I bother living next door to them

I now suspect that the whole SARS-CoV-2 thing has been started by the Guild of GP’s Receptionists as the culmination of their master plan to solve the “Patient Problem” once and for all
              That happened at our GP a while ago. Too many people queueing 30 minutes before surgery opened....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I didn't understand any of that.

Is there still a demand for paper tape?

Just asking, like.
                Before this crisis is over, there will be.

I think I will end up uploading my tpd posts on punch cards.

It probably won't matter if I drop them and don't get them back in the right order....

Comment

Salmon salad for lunch. And a cup of tea. I think its about my 5th of the day.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Salmon salad for lunch. And a cup of tea. I think its about my 5th of the day.....
                    Lunch - now there's an idea. Can I be fecked to walk up the corridor to the canteen?

No-one here today, just me in this office. Not sure why I bothered coming in.

Comment

TP Update - +8 Rolls plenty in Aldi)

Married

Comment

Working...
                      X