• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    My parent's cruise docks in Fort Lauderdale on Monday and most people are heading straight to the airport.

Being idiots my parents asked for 2 days in a hotel before flying back on Wednesday.

Let's hope they can fly back via Canada...
    My brother-in-law had to come back from NY via Canada after 9-11. Took him about a week just to get across the border

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      John-Wyndham-style quiet?
      Almost!

Comment

Just discovered there’s a photograph of my flat (the outside, thankfully) on Wikipedia!

Comment

Just discovered there’s a photograph of my flat (the outside, thankfully) on Wikipedia!
          Celebrating, without doubt, the opening windows.

Tea: Morrisons lamb's liver (reduced: & I now know why ), with bacon, and onion gravy, orange segments and remarkably stiff custard (again), 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The liver was fairly obviously a collection of offcuts, rather than being sliced, most of it was rectangular.

The gravy was remarkable due to the use of hot smoke paprika, with the accent on hot, but overall it was rather nice & made a pleasant change from the run of the mill spag bol for Saturday.

Entertainment: T2 Director's Cut, which is the one where Kyle Reese makes an appearance in Sarah Connor's drug induced dream.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Closer examination of the trees and window frames now suggests that it’s a couple of doors up, unless next-door-but-one has had its window frames painted since the photo was taken in 2005. False alarm

Comment

fish pie <delivered > for dinner.
              very nice, as usual.
              and more chablis, just 'cos i can. feck it.

watching a ZZ top rockumentary.

excellent band.
              always liked them.

Comment

I am really rather tipsy.

Cocktail + bottle of fizz + three more cocktails + bottle of red wine.

Hammered.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I am really rather tipsy.

Cocktail + bottle of fizz + three more cocktails + bottle of red wine.

Hammered.
                  ye mean blootered?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    ye mean blootered?
                    Am fecked.

Clocking out until the morning ...

Comment

More fancy cooking tonight: boeuf bourguignon, with potato wedges and petits pois. Very tasty, and a couple of bonus portions to go in the freezer

And although I’m not 100%, I’m feeling better than I have done by this time in the evening any night this week
                      Nice! I only got beef in red wine. I was allowed to help - peeled potatoes and mashed them.

Comment

Working...
                      X