• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Woman's Hour is being exceptionally tedious today
    Dare I ask what they are talking about? Am I allowed to know? Or do I need to identify as female to know?

Comment

Just spent 10 minutes answering a couple of questions on a forum one of which could have been fixed by asking Hmm why is the supplier using a non-standard control there and the other by looking at the error message and googling it.

Mind you it's better than IR35 questions..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Taking the car to the vet’s for its MOT and service soon, after which I’ll walk up into town for a bit of shopping, mainly off the market
        And back again

I went out expecting the car to be frozen, but the sun was already over the houses so it was fine. Drove up to the vet’s, dropping it off at 9:30 on the dot.

Then I ambled up into town. There was a coach party of teenage schoolchildren just coming out of the cathedral, presumably after visiting Dick III’s tomb, and looking up at the spire. The place never got that kind of attention before they dug up the Social Services department's car park over the road

Popped into the Lloyd's bank by the Clock Tower to get some cash; they’re not allowed to have the cash machines on the outside because of the stonework, so fully 90% of the people going in must be like me, customers of other banks just wanting to get cash because they’re the nearest cash machines to the Clock Tower, around which the entire life of Leicester revolves.

Then round the corner into Waterstone’s. A few possibilities presented themselves but nothing really screamed out “buy me” so I ended up leaving with my Christmas gift card intact. Maybe it was still too early for the important business of choosing books

Over to M&S, but the food department in that store is comparatively small and didn’t have certain things I can get from the big out-of-town one next time I’m out that way, so I moved on to the market.

In the outdoor-but-covered bit I got onions and carrots, sold in the ill-defined unit of the “bowl” for a quid each. No idea what the mass comes out to, but it’s plenty to see me through at least a couple of weeks

And then to the indoor bit where the butchers, fishmongers, and such lurk. The bounty from here was Barnsley chops, pork chops, Lincolnshire sausages, and a couple of pounds of smoked back because you can never have too much bacon

Then home, getting the Apple Watch all excited because it was able to prod me into using the generally neglected (by me) “Workout” feature. Green exercise ring closed, red move ring almost done, and the blue stand ring should be done by teatime

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Also at 3am I did some cleaning. Cleaner due in at 9am and I don't want her to think we are slobs.
          if you clean, why do you have a cleaner ?
          Married

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Century?
            Married

Comment

Over to M&S, but the food department in that store is comparatively small and didn’t have certain things I can get from the big out-of-town one next time I’m out that way, so I moved on to the market.
              Thinking about it, I’m not sure the actual food department is any smaller than the out-of-town store’s as far as area goes. I think they just give over more space to things like ready meals and less to things you have to cook from scratch because many of their customers will be people who work in town and are grabbing something easy for dinner.

Comment

Thinking about it, I’m not sure the actual food department is any smaller than the out-of-town store’s as far as area goes. I think they just give over more space to things like ready meals and less to things you have to cook from scratch because many of their customers will be people who work in town and are grabbing something easy for dinner.
                I’ve hardly ever worked in town. In fact, over the last twenty years of contracting, I think I’ve worked less than six months within the boundaries of the city

Comment

I’ve hardly ever worked in town. In fact, over the last twenty years of contracting, I think I’ve worked less than six months within the boundaries of the city
                  And a month at Next, but they’re outside the city in Enderby.

Comment

And a month at Next, but they’re outside the city in Enderby.
                    Terrible place to drive to, being basically a big village with concomitant roads

Comment

Terrible place to drive to, being basically a big village with concomitant roads
                      Pali!

Comment

Working...
                      X