• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test please delete

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Sadly the Pret in T5 departures (the main one, not the one by gate A1) had no toasties at all. Ended up with a tuna wrap, which is not even remotely close to being a good substitute.

I didn’t know you could get food outside the lounges.

T2 is quiet, but the security was a bit slow.

In other news, it turns out that while Omega say they don’t have a stockist in this terminal, it turns out that Harrods Fine Watches is (although they don’t do Bremont).
    The Planet Ocean watches are now out of the running. Being waterproof to 600m means they are BIG and HEAVY.
    The Moon Speedmaster is very nice. I’m drawn to it.
    But the Seamaster 300 is still edging it.

In a couple of weeks time we’re going through LGW, where there’s a shop that has Bremont as well as Omega.
    When The Wife (tm) is there with me, I think a purchase will be made.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sadly, when passing through as staff, one is not allowed in the lounge and has to slum it with the hoi polloi.

Comment

I thought the traffic seemed bad out there today. Just learned from Twitter that there’s been quite a nasty crash about a hundred yards up the road

Comment

Tea: more of yesterday's roast lamb with carrots and onions.

I'm having this twice this week since the gravy was so disgusting as to be unusable.

At least the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea was satisfactory.

Dunno what the entertainment is likely to be this evening.

I suppose I'll find something in the various enormous piles of accumulated dvds.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Traffic’s gone back to normal. Took them a couple of hours to clear the scene, which led to gridlock all over this side of the city during rush hour.

Comment

This evening I have watched another Time Shift episode. This time about the building of the first Severn Bridge. A marvellous feat of engineering.

Comment

Bulb’s gone in the kitchen. After going through the laborious process of getting the stepladder out of the bathroom (it’s a big one as the ceilings are nearly ten feet high) and getting it past assorted junk and safely set up, I remove the old bulb and then find that all of the possible replacements are in fact defunct bulbs waiting to be taken to the recycling centre

So tonight I’ll be cooking by the light of my desk lamp

Comment

No word yet from BR14? Maybe he forgot to take any Internet with him?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    No word yet from BR14? Maybe he forgot to take any Internet with him?
                    I hope he didn't upset the locals

Comment

Tea has been pork & caramelised red onion sausages, bacon, chips, and beans. Lovely

Comment

Working...
                      X