• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I actually made it out! Asda to get cash. Fill up "normal" with petrol. And to Halfords.

Front headlight change. And rear wiper change.

I had to ask name of fitter. Halfords staff get bonuses based on feedback! My fitter did not have a name tag. Another customer suggested his name was Halfords. But it is really Dave....

Comment

I am exhausted though. Few steps to the car is a killer. But it is getting better....

Comment

Venturing forth

Comment

Finally got around to doing xmas cards for neighbours. Typical xoggoth inertia. Some people sent/gave me cards 2 weeks ago. Might stick a few lights in the window later if I can be a*d.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Finally got around to doing xmas cards for neighbours. Typical xoggoth inertia. Some people sent/gave me cards 2 weeks ago. Might stick a few lights in the window later if I can be a*d.
              Thanks for the reminder. I've written mine out but haven't yet walked across the hall to drop them off.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Did ours on Wednesday, mainly so the neighbors would know who those two weirdo's who've just moved in are.

Cue cards by return and a couple of visits in person, so now we know who the real nosy busybodies are as well
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Was in with the hoi polloi but just as I was about to post the fact the interweb thingie went down so it was off to do some shopping.

6 preloved dvds from one emporium, with the bread I forgot yesterday from Morrisons and a load of other stuff that I don't really need.

Still having difficulty finding the Merry Saturnalia cards to send to the neighbours.

Maybe I won't bother again this year.

No point in changing the habits of a lifetime.

Shirts have been through the TD, the ones needing a bit of ironing have been ironed, with the cottons being in the WM, with an expected finish of round about noon.

It's raining, wot a surprise, but not as heavily as yesterday.

I see it's almost time to buy another calendar.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done!

As predicted, the peasantry were out in force, particularly those short of sight and slow of limb

The car park was full to bursting, with the usual imbeciles slowly circling the area nearest the store in the hope of somebody leaving in front of them. I headed for the farthest reaches, but even there space was full of dark and slow-moving matter. Luckily somebody did, in fact, depart just in front of me, almost in the very farthest corner where there was no competition for the spot

Inside wasn’t much better. It occurred to me that they should just dump all the Christmas stuff in the corner of the car park under a tarp and let the masses sift through it without disturbing their regular Friday customers. Hell, just put all the normal stuff out there; I’m willing to sift through a sodden heap for the bits I want if they throw me a few bonus Nectar points for my trouble

Anyway, I finally managed to get all the stuff I wanted (mainly beer and ingredients for sausage rolls), and the wide self-checkouts were open. The young lady manning them treated me rather like an ESN case, which seemed a little unfair as the only times she had to intervene were to tell it that my bags weren’t actually unexpected in the bagging area, and that I was “visibly over 25”. Still, she’ll have spent all morning dealing with people who were very obviously barely sentient, so one can’t expect her to switch her conditioned responses in a moment when confronted with the one mentally competent person in the place

Next: lunch

Comment

Lunch was sausages in finger rolls, and very nice too

Comment

Working...
                      X