• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Cool morning but clear skies and sunny.
    First time I've noticed a touch of condensation on the inside of the bedroom window.

Winter is on its way.

Oh, and the CBS and sun seems to have departed hence.

<hiatus>

Lunch prep done.

Beef (big lump of) in oven.

About to begin the Sunday vaccing.

CBS no longer, now it's looking pretty grey across the valley, boyo, though it's still sunny this side.

Quite cool out there too.

Winter's on its way, remember.

Brrrrrr.

I'll have to find another religious jumper since the holes in the other one have joined up to the extent that the moths are complaining.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2019, 09:38.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Looking very Simpsonesque out; not too hot at 17°C, with a light breeze if the atmosphere in the vicinity of the kitchen window is anything to go by

Inside, the temperature has now worked its way down to around 22.5°

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          No, you just get a patronising box to put your bones in
          I hope its a big box as I have alot of bones. Well I say I am not fat but just big boned.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Morning all

Yesterdays shenanigans involved a day spent with a coach load of other pissheads Real Ale Enthusiasts on a trip around various hostelries sampling the assorted beverages on offer.
            my worst nightmare.
            going to a pub, gasping for a cold beer, only to find the staff being monopolised by a crowd of tweedy corduroy clad duffers asking for tasters of granny toadsuckers old atrocious ale, or some such.

i need a lie down now.

oh, dear.

Comment

Lunch was roast beef (Morrisons, reduced).

It was mediocre but definitely a lot less meh than the "roast" lamb of last week.

Cooked the whole joint & then sliced it up & put bits in the freezer for a. n. other time.

Still sunnyish, but definitely Simpsonsesque and it's a lot chillier than it's been.

Sunday afternoon shop done & dusted.

The Remains of The Day is mine to do with as I wish.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Followed by 20 minute of "Coogan's Bluff (1968)" which I've just turned off because I'm not in the mood for that this evening.

Coogan's Bluff (1968) - IMDb

It was inneresting to see a helicopter land on the top of a building in New York.

They haven't done that since one fell off the roof.
              The remaining hour and 10 minutes just got watched now.

Remarkably grainy transfer, no detectable restoration work whatsoever.

9 November 1967 - 31 December 1967
              I thought it looked a bit chilly.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2019, 15:53.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This explains why the police helicopter was buzzing about a mile or so away the other night: Boy, 16, hit by van after 'mass brawl' on Leicester estate - BBC News

Comment

Changed the bed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    This explains why the police helicopter was buzzing about a mile or so away the other night: Boy, 16, hit by van after 'mass brawl' on Leicester estate - BBC News
                    Changed the bed
                    The police helicopter made you wet it?

Thats no excuse - its just old age.....

Comment

Changed the bed
                      Into what?

Comment

Working...
                      X