• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    And for the next Mrs. BP....?

That was how I proposed to ex-mrs-bp-27

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Good life is tough. And the big issue with life is there seems to be no way of getting out alive.
      Bad life's tough too

and life is, invariably, fatal
      Last edited by BR14; 4 August 2019, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Bad life's tough too
        Oops! Meant to say God. Then I damned sure God does not exist. Except the the form of CUK mods who think they are! The unholy trinity.....

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the Chinese
            are the staff looking nervously at the calendar/ their watches/ phones, at all???

Comment

In the Chinese
              And very nice it was, as usual

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              are the staff looking nervously at the calendar/ their watches/ phones, at all???
              My absence had been noted

Apparently they weren't very busy last night (postulated reason: the Caribbean Carnival) which made it more noticeable.

I couldn't be bothered trying to explain the whole saga, so I just said something about having dinner with friends

Comment

Following a fairly tedious tea/dinner, this evening's first feature was "Face/Off (1997)" with Nick Cage and John Travolta.

Face/Off (1997) - IMDb

After a good start I lost interest after 20 mins and turned instead to a quality film, namely "Ghost Rider (2007)" with Nick Cage and Peter Fonda.

Ghost Rider (2007) - IMDb

Which was battulip crazy but in a good way.

I enjoyed that.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been a couple more episodes of From the Earth to the Moon (TV Mini-Series 1998), covering the Apollo 1 fire and the aftermath thereof, and leading up to the launch of Apollo 7.

Which reminded me that, for some reason, I never got around to finishing the book on which the series is "partially based" according to the credits. So I dug it out, ready for getting back in to

There should be some rain here towards morning; with a bit of luck, it'll cool down a bit too.

Goodnight all

Comment

having dinner with friends
                    You have friends?

Comment

Morning all

As I was about to leave on this morning's perambulation, The Wife (tm) said to me "Is it raining", I looked out and confidently replied "no", then proceeded to go out without a jacket.
                      About a minute later it started to rain.

Me & The Dog (tw) returned from our walk slightly wetter than intended.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X